Blockbuster

There are newer employer reviews for Blockbuster

Good experience

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Blockbuster full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meeting people, coworkers, access to movies. Friendly young forward thinking company intitially. Lots of sales opportunities.

Cons

No progression, Not good moral. Company shutting down stores which is making people look for other areas of work. Not great communication on what is happening as managers do not know either.

680 Other Employee Reviews for Blockbuster (View Most Recent)

Good company

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Blockbuster full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, flexible shifts

Cons

They expect too much from staff especially if there is only one person on shift. Serving, upselling, deliveries, tidying ect.

Not too shabby

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Blockbuster full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This was a pretty decent job. Five free rentals per week, 25% off movie purchases, and get to check out movies before they are put on the shelves.

Cons

Can be slow at times. Customers will always try to make up very elaborate stories about why they had late fees (even so far as to a death in the family), they will rent a movie, take it home, scratch it up, return it, say it didn't work and that they want their money back. You also have to watch that movie that's on a loop on all of the screens in the store. I don't think I'll ever get "You can't always get what you want" by The Rolling Stones out of my head (that used to be one of my favorites).

Be more firm with customers and call them out when you know their stories are bogus and make them pay for destroyed DVDs and late fees. Also provide some coffee when we have to do all night inventory.

There are newer employer reviews for Blockbuster