Bloom Energy
bloomenergy.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Technical Director

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFast paced work style. Collegial team approach to problem solving. Exciting new technology for alternative energy solution that is applicable around the world.

ConsUnrealistic and unattainable business objectives. Company is pushed to the limit every quarter. The best case is your team maybe makes the stated goals. Realistically every quarter everyone falls short which takes a toll on morale. Company Sr. management suffers from an arrogance that impacts how it treats customers and employees. Bloom Energy's slogan should be "Ask not what you can do for your Customer ask instead what you can do for Bloom Energy".

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to figure out it is in the energy business, instead of viewing itself as a technology and manufacturing company. Many of the Senior management team came from a technical background and suffer from poor business and people skills. Financial plan needs to start from potential sales instead of a manufacturing number that has no tangible connection to actual orders.

Great technology and lots of oppurtunity

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: BE team of highly respected executives and hardworking workforce is going to take this technology available for everyone… Cons: I've noticed that contractors have a lengthly conversion process to become regular… Advice to Senior Management: As the company grows and expands, have a career path… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Bustling

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great think tank with lots of high end talent. People here… Cons: Major disconnect between the white collar and the blue collar.… Advice to Senior Management: Build business connections with the internal employees and the vision will come to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bloom Energy.

Worked for Bloom Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloom Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bloom Energy CEO K.R. Sridhar. All reviews posted anonymously by Bloom Energy employees.