There are newer employer reviews for BloomReach

Interned for a summer, really loved it.

Current Intern - Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA
Current Intern - Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BloomReach as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Chill culture, no-drama policy, MWF catered lunches

Cons

Not a lot of very young people

Advice to Management

Give Macbooks to the new hires, not Aspires! (Aspires are somewhat slow)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Has exceeded all my expectations - best career move to date

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel extraordinarily lucky to have found such a brilliant company to work at. The challenges that we have solved are very real problems for our clients and as the technology works so well we find ourselves being trusted advisor to most of our customers.

The culture is absolutely brilliant and I am constantly amazed at the enthusiasm of the team not only to do their own jobs...but also to help others and to truly collaborate. We have an inspirational leader and I would walk through brick walls for him.

I cannot wait to see the company continue to grow and enjoy the journey.

Cons

We move fast and so we occasionally run into problems because of that but most other organisations probably wish that they could innovate as quickly as we do, so its not a massive negative.

Occasional challenges remain about working in one of the remote offices (not head office in Mountain View) but this is really a small challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring us and leading by example. This is a great company that deserves to grow and be recognised as a success.

Just another outsourcing shop

Former Employee - Engineering, Member of Technical Staff in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Engineering, Member of Technical Staff in Bangalore (India)

I worked at BloomReach full-time

Pros

Lots of free time, great work-life balance, no pressure of deadlines. Excellent compensation and perks. Flat org hierarchy. Decent product which is growing at a steady pace. Managers are useless so in one sense it's a positive. Very talented people drawn mostly from Google, Amazon and Microsoft.

Cons

The Bangalore office is just another outsourcing center for the US entity. There are very few systems and stacks that are owned out of Bangalore and very little innovation happens here. Last I knew, the company was moving towards consolidating all the software stacks in the US and letting teams located in Bangalore use them as a remote service - just like you would use the facebook or twitter api to build simple applications. The innovation and the hard problems have already been moved out of Bangalore.

There is no scope of people to grow in this office and they are rarely challenged. Read the Bangalore location-specific reviews on Glassdoor. They would tell you a reality that is starkly different from the rest of the company.

Oh, and they may have you believe it's a startup, but the company is a mid-sized one, clocking > 300 employees. Don't fall for the lie. They are also not a product company, more like a solutions provider. So if you're a passionate product guy, stay away.