There are newer employer reviews for BloomReach

Awesome culture, really interesting problems

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I love most about working here is the problems we're solving- definitely some of the coolest technical challenges I've been exposed to. Plus, there are tech talks held regularly in our "Wreck room" by fellow BloomReachers- it's nice to have experts in so many interesting fields working here.

Aside from that, we have the standard startup perks, fun culture, nice pay and fast growth.

Cons

There are a bunch of couches and unused conference rooms throughout the office- some people are never at their desk when you need them so you have to do a lap around the office and The Wreck Room to see where they're hiding. Slightly annoying but workable.

And the caltrain station is a 15 minute walk, not 10!

I think the main reason there aren't very many cons listed in these reviews is that everyone's constantly encouraged to work on fixing the problems they see with the company. Employee participation and decision making is emphasized here more than I've seen at other companies.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fast growth: personal career-wise and company-wise

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All about the people. I get to go to work each day and be with people who care about what they do and spend the time to make sure I have an opportunity to learn what they know. Never a dull moment.

Cons

Very few cons. Each employee is provided with a large degree of freedom to change any aspects that might be a con.

With that being said, BloomReach has an open floor plan. While there are many benefits, for a certain type of person like myself, it can be difficult to focus at your desk. However, if I need to head to my home office to concentrate, everyone is very understanding.

Amazing technology, smart people and happy customers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a very sharp group of people tackling challenging problems. Largely free of drama and egos (and literally no politics). The rapid growth the company is going through and the pace of innovation are inspiring. And for a startup, there's a great work/life balance.

Cons

Tough place to keep up if you don't like a fast pace. It could also be an intimidating environment if you aren't both intelligent and confident.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping the culture through a period of fast growth.