There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Bloomberg will ruin your career, get out while you still can.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good health benefits, good amount of vacation

Cons

In my department, not one person in senior management cares about anything else but furthering their own careers. We are constantly told to take risks, collaborate, and be innovative, yet the second anyone goes out on a limb, they are reprimanded for not conforming to standards. Management systems are outdated and uninspiring. Almost everyone I work with is miserable and either feel trapped due to needing job stability or are counting down the days until they quit. I have never seen a workplace with such low morale and fear. HR and upper management try and get the most amount of work out of you while paying you the least amount possible. The amount of money wasted on consultants and incompetency is astounding.

Treat your employees better. I have never seen such unhappy and fearful people. Listen to your employees. Get rid of bad managers.

1159 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P. (View Most Recent)

Good company to have on your resume. Terrible company to work for!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good health benefits from day 1. Free snacks in the pantry.

Cons

Everything is based on favoritism and not on competence nor qualifications. My manager was extremely unprofessional and always promoted people who she was friends with. Mainly several 20 year olds that took the effort to kiss some butt. Straight out of college kids that had no experience and became team leaders within as soon as three months and were managing senior employees with more exeprience and qualifications within the department. On top of that, the Head of the department seemed not to care about these circumstances as well. The whole structure of the company is a charade. I couldn't wait to get out of there, even though it took me two years to resign. Why I sateyed that long? I was hoping for things to change and improve. I didn't happen.

PUt the right people in management and be fair to your employees.

Worked on the media side (radio/TV)

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very dynamic place with a lot of different things going on. There is always an opportunity to learn and apply yourself on different projects.

Cons

Place is not well managed / organized. The attitude is "let's release this product now and fix bugs later", which in reality turns into "time is never given to fix bugs and you will suffer forever to support this product". A lot of bureaucracy. Surprising amount of office politics (too much).

Unqualified people should not be promoted to management positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!