There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Great So Far

Current Employee - Global Customer Support in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Global Customer Support in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, nice benefits, good training, great career opportunities for people with a Finance background, and free snacks and drinks.

Cons

No real cons for now. It is my first real job so I cannot really compare. Maybe a downside is that work can be stressful at times.

Keep doing what you're doing but make that young people are given a chance to really show their leadership skills if they have the ability and potential to.

1194 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P. (View Most Recent)

Reporter

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P.

Pros

Good pay, vibrant working environment

Cons

Hierarchy, and a lot of micromanaging

No comment

Avoid Global Data as the plauge

Current Employee - Data Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

hmm....Friendly colleagues and 1 month notice period.

Cons

I have been working for this meat factory for 2 years now and if you like a sweatshop work environment this is the company for you.

*Salary is crap and new hires get more paid than people who have stayed with the company for more than 3 years.
    *You will learn NO, i repeat, NO transferable skills, except knowing two or three functions on the terminal very well.
    *The work is repetitive and requires no intellect at all. A monkey with half of a brain would have no problem doing the "analysis" required for this type of work.
    *Evaluation is based on some stupid black box metric system which boils down to how much you suck up to management. Brown nosing is key.
    *There is no career progression whatsoever. I do not consider being promoted to team leader or rather admin leader as a career progression.
    *There are no words in the world that would describe how bad and appalling the management style is. Foxconn mangement is way better than BBG.

Ask Foxconn management for help on improving work environment, at least to "Chinese" style factory level.

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.