There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

TOMS Account Manager

Former Employee - TOMS Account Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - TOMS Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great job security & benefits. Play their game & be a company man & you will do great.

Cons

If you have prior experience, do your best to negotiate a comfortable salary. Assuming you are doing a good job, you will get raises, but it may be to your bonus & not salary. Your bonus is tied to your departments performance & the overall company's performance, so that can be out of your hands.

Start a Chicago office for account managers who cover the mid west. Currently they are all based out of NY & fly them back & forth. If you have a family it requires a lot of travel unless your account base is in or near NY.

1204 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P. (View Most Recent)

Back to Kindergarten, they micromanage and treat people like kids

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time

Pros

-free snacks
    -invites to VIP events

Cons

-"big brother" system: everything is logged, anyone in the company can see your time of arrival, your reports, personal calendar, client appointments etc..including people that you don't know and with whom you won't even ever work.

treat people like responsible adults and they will behave accordingly, treat them like kids and they will find the flaws in the system to behave like kids.

Great Minds, Strong Work Ethic, Room for Growth, Plenty of Training, and Long Hours

Former Employee - Financial Software Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Software Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is the kind of place where you feel honored to be among the smart people working here. Lots of opportunity for advancement and to learn both formally and informally. Very cool perks like free admission into any museum you can think of, great company parties, etc. Having a TV studio in the building meant occasional celebrity sightings.

Cons

Long hours, usually worked until 8 pm and was too worn out to do anything after work. Senior Management would sometimes tell us that we need to stop working so hard, but it was just lip service. The culture and the project deadlines require constant long hours. You feel guilty leaving at 6pm.

There seemed to be a lack of organization at the team lead and management levels which trickled down to the developers. The open work environment basically meant constant interruptions. It was hard to focus and get anything done until the end of the day when most people had gone home.

On the other side of training is the unofficial requirement to spend time training new developers. Normally, when building a team this is a good thing, but in the 2 years I was there, I trained 5 temporary consultants. So, instead of building a team, all that training just went to completing their short term project, then they were gone.

Focus a little more on project management, and if possible remove some layers between the developer and end user. I rarely got to talk to my end users to even know if they liked what we were doing, and they were internal to the company!

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.