There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

It was a great experience.

Current Employee - Global Data  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Global Data in New York, NY

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

it is a very fast paced environment and you have an opportunity to work with extremely intelligent people. Pretty relaxed as well, not a typical corporate setting with suit and ties everywhere. Hours are also very reasonable, so its not too hectic. Just expect to work while you are there. They reward hard workers pretty well, by moving them up the ladder quickly.

Cons

Some of the cons definitely include micromanaging. They are always watching in a way-to ensure you are doing the job properly. Another small downside is the high turnover and very little patience. If you do not perform immediately you're out of there. Finally, the amount of learning and exit opportunities are a little low as you won't really learn anything super useful for other jobs.

1161 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P. (View Most Recent)

Great company

I worked at Bloomberg L.P.

Pros

Benefits
    Environment is great
    People are committed
    Knowledge is available
    Networking is a tool

Cons

I do not have any cons to refer in this company. I was not there for very long. However, if you do not enjoy companies with strong cultures, this may be a con.

Great Minds, Strong Work Ethic, Room for Growth, Plenty of Training, and Long Hours

Former Employee - Financial Software Developer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Software Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the kind of place where you feel honored to be among the smart people working here. Lots of opportunity for advancement and to learn both formally and informally. Very cool perks like free admission into any museum you can think of, great company parties, etc. Having a TV studio in the building meant occasional celebrity sightings.

Cons

Long hours, usually worked until 8 pm and was too worn out to do anything after work. Senior Management would sometimes tell us that we need to stop working so hard, but it was just lip service. The culture and the project deadlines require constant long hours. You feel guilty leaving at 6pm.

There seemed to be a lack of organization at the team lead and management levels which trickled down to the developers. The open work environment basically meant constant interruptions. It was hard to focus and get anything done until the end of the day when most people had gone home.

On the other side of training is the unofficial requirement to spend time training new developers. Normally, when building a team this is a good thing, but in the 2 years I was there, I trained 5 temporary consultants. So, instead of building a team, all that training just went to completing their short term project, then they were gone.

Focus a little more on project management, and if possible remove some layers between the developer and end user. I rarely got to talk to my end users to even know if they liked what we were doing, and they were internal to the company!

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!