Bloomberg L.P.

www.bloomberg.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

It was a great experience.

Current Employee - Global Data in New York, NY
Current Employee - Global Data in New York, NY

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

it is a very fast paced environment and you have an opportunity to work with extremely intelligent people. Pretty relaxed as well, not a typical corporate setting with suit and ties everywhere. Hours are also very reasonable, so its not too hectic. Just expect to work while you are there. They reward hard workers pretty well, by moving them up the ladder quickly.

Cons

Some of the cons definitely include micromanaging. They are always watching in a way-to ensure you are doing the job properly. Another small downside is the high turnover and very little patience. If you do not perform immediately you're out of there. Finally, the amount of learning and exit opportunities are a little low as you won't really learn anything super useful for other jobs.

1329 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P. (View Most Recent)

Some good mixed with some bad

Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting work atmosphere
    Free food
    Really cool employee culture- events, free museum membership, etc.
    Beautiful office gave a sense of pride to work there
    Great benefits

Cons

Terrible work life balance
    Even with high ratings, bad raises with the continuous excuse of "times are tough"

If you are rated a 1 or a 2, and you only get a very slight raise each year, there is absolutely no motivation to stay. Why should I be a top performer and continuously get underpaid? It's also extremely insulting to hear that the company didn't do great this year and your minimal salary increase is actually high. What is my motivation to stay here?
    Also, work life balance is awful. I was a top performer who didn't need to be chained to my desk to be productive. There is a lack of trust and a big brother mentality that isn't normal. I am now at a much larger and much more successful company where I am compensated handsomely and I am much more productive and motivated- even with my very flexible schedule.

Great company

I worked at Bloomberg L.P.

Pros

Benefits
    Environment is great
    People are committed
    Knowledge is available
    Networking is a tool

Cons

I do not have any cons to refer in this company. I was not there for very long. However, if you do not enjoy companies with strong cultures, this may be a con.

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.