There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Student product rep for Bloomberg Law for over a year

Current Employee - Product Advocate  in  Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Product Advocate in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Bloomberg, I have had the chance to learn a great deal about their database products, including, but not limited to, Bloomberg Law. My supervisor was kind enough to teach me how to operate a Bloomberg terminal. I have always had access to the best research training, and I feel that my work with Bloomberg has made me a more effective legal researcher. My supervisor is a consummate professional, and we have an excellent working relationship.

Cons

I have not experienced any negatives from working with Bloomberg. It has been a dream job from the start. I am not sure what to put in this category.

1163 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P. (View Most Recent)

TOMS Account Manager

Former Employee - TOMS Account Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - TOMS Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great job security & benefits. Play their game & be a company man & you will do great.

Cons

If you have prior experience, do your best to negotiate a comfortable salary. Assuming you are doing a good job, you will get raises, but it may be to your bonus & not salary. Your bonus is tied to your departments performance & the overall company's performance, so that can be out of your hands.

Start a Chicago office for account managers who cover the mid west. Currently they are all based out of NY & fly them back & forth. If you have a family it requires a lot of travel unless your account base is in or near NY.

Great place to start after school

Former Employee - Junior Financial Analyst  in  Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Junior Financial Analyst in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

- Open-concept work space facilitates teamwork and cooperation. A lot of access to middle and upper-management, even for those, including myself, who worked there as a temp worker.
    - Generous cafeteria and coffee bar in Princeton office
    - Talented managers

Cons

- Open-concept work environment is not for everybody.
    - Some people have been there forever
    - Tough to go from temp to full time
    - Not all temp roles are made equally (I was lucky to have a good role but some were really menial and boring)

Definitely consider giving temps more responsibility and they will be more motivated

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!