Bloomberg L.P.

www.bloomberg.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Student product rep for Bloomberg Law for over a year

Current Employee - Product Advocate in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Product Advocate in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working for Bloomberg, I have had the chance to learn a great deal about their database products, including, but not limited to, Bloomberg Law. My supervisor was kind enough to teach me how to operate a Bloomberg terminal. I have always had access to the best research training, and I feel that my work with Bloomberg has made me a more effective legal researcher. My supervisor is a consummate professional, and we have an excellent working relationship.

Cons

I have not experienced any negatives from working with Bloomberg. It has been a dream job from the start. I am not sure what to put in this category.

1338 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P. (View Most Recent)

Some good mixed with some bad

Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting work atmosphere
    Free food
    Really cool employee culture- events, free museum membership, etc.
    Beautiful office gave a sense of pride to work there
    Great benefits

Cons

Terrible work life balance
    Even with high ratings, bad raises with the continuous excuse of "times are tough"

If you are rated a 1 or a 2, and you only get a very slight raise each year, there is absolutely no motivation to stay. Why should I be a top performer and continuously get underpaid? It's also extremely insulting to hear that the company didn't do great this year and your minimal salary increase is actually high. What is my motivation to stay here?
    Also, work life balance is awful. I was a top performer who didn't need to be chained to my desk to be productive. There is a lack of trust and a big brother mentality that isn't normal. I am now at a much larger and much more successful company where I am compensated handsomely and I am much more productive and motivated- even with my very flexible schedule.

BlBloomberg is Great, NYC not so great

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great pay/benefits, great opportunities to move around and find th ework that most interests you.

Cons

NYC is cold in the winter, nasty/humid/smelly in the summer. Some developers toil away on boring stuff, luckily I have a very interesting product there

Expand R&D to other great American tech areas like California and Austin, Texas

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.