Bloomberg L.P.

www.bloomberg.com
  www.bloomberg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Avoid if at all possible.

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice building, nice fish, free snacks, good benefits, socially conscious, stable job.

Cons

There are those that love it and I can only speak from my own experience, what you find will vary greatly from team to team. What I found is absolutely no career path or advancement potential of any kind for technical people, You are a "programmer bee" and that's the extent of what the company wants/expects from you. Much of the work is tedious and menial, there's a fanatical dedication to proprietary tools and methods (which as an experienced senior hire I really wasn't impressed by), no project management, poor planning. It's a stifling, oppressive place that cripples all their best, most creative people. R&D is a massive sweatshop that relies on an constant stream of incoming H1Bs and fresh college grads they can get to before they learn anything that might make them attractive to another company. All in all I'd say that if you're an experienced programmer with skills in legacy systems, or a recent college grad that can't find work, or you need the stability and benefits to support your family then it might be worth it.

Reconnect with some of the people developing your product, there are some really talented people there but your own polices and practices make it impossible to get real results. Get that terminal out of the 80's before a real competitor emerges. Focus less on programming and more on development of your core product(s). Involve them in the decision making process, you'll be surprised that they know more than you think.

1249 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P. (View Most Recent)

Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people. Good perks and office enviroment

Cons

Micro management at its peak

consider clearer sales incentives

2014 Summer Analyst

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P.

Pros

quick process, good compensation, really nice and knowledgeable people

Cons

very quick phone interview, highly competitive

I do not have any

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.