Bloomberg L.P.

www.bloomberg.com
  www.bloomberg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

A great place to work for a few years, learn, and make connections; harder to make it forever

Current Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of resources, access to almost anyone in financial services, good training programs, food and other amenities are topnotch
Employee perks like summer picnic and Big Apple Circus make you feel valued

Cons

Product managers and engineers will struggle to work across businesses and overcome twenty-five years of legacy systems; everything takes longer to get done or ships with less functionality than it should; many long-tenured employees are semi-retired at full pay, and loyalty is often put above current productivity

More career development at mid-career; lots of skilled people plateau for not making the right connections or knowing the right people above them

1246 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomberg L.P. (View Most Recent)

I have been a

Current Employee - Equity Analyst in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Equity Analyst in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The work balance is fair and as a contract analyst I am able to complete my work and focus on external opportunities without a problem.

Cons

The company is completely disorganized and communication among departments is poor, there are clicks within the company and the office politics are at extreme levels. The project goals are ambiguous and opportunities for career advancement are limited.

Decent place to work depending on team and group

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food everywhere, much of it healthy.
    Congenial environment, most-friendly.
    Great benefits.

Cons

Very competitive. Every one is angling for a higher position, which gets exhausting.
    Management constantly is changing (I had 5 managers in a year), lots of movement...good and bad.
    For a technology company I found it humorous that everything, even the internal CRM, is based on a terminal environment that looks like it is from an Apple IIe. Horrible internal tech.
    Workaholics, mostly younger environment. I suppose this is typical NYC style but work is everything. And everything is designed to monitor you and keep you working as much as possible for as long as possible. Many managers abuse the ability to keep tabs on people.
    Not a nimble company due to its size, so much of the internal technology can't change.
    Large institutional inertia to change unless forced.

Reward experience instead of looking for reasons to move older workers over and out.

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomberg L.P.