Bloomberg L.P.

www.bloomberg.com

It is what you make of it

Programmer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf you have the right frame of mind, you can develop a lot of freedom in what you can choose to work on.
Over the years I developed a reputation as a goto problem solver, and the result was that I could choose what projects I wanted to work on and how much of my time I spent on each project.

ConsThe development environment for programmers is, ironically, almost hostile. Much less hostile than it was 10 years ago. This can be a challenge for some people to overcome and definitely was the source of a lot of frustration for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people more. The firm-wide position seems to be that employees are not trustworthy. In reality, 99% of them are, and we resent the presumption of management that we are not.

Worst Mistake of my Career

Senior Developer (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Stability, prestige, it's a "nice" place to work. You… Cons: Endless streams of soul-destroyingly tedious work. Work that could easily be automated if the proprietary systems you'll have to rely on didn't... I guess… Advice to Senior Management: There is no management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Journalism Internship is a Springboard

Reporting Intern (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Working at Bloomberg as a reporting intern will make you an eligible candidate for… Cons: Some interns get crap beats (you may end up just transcribing whatever Tom Keene says on his show). The… Advice to Senior Management: If it's advertised as a meritocracy, then make it one! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bloomberg L.P..

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!