Bloomingdale's
www.bloomingdales.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Loved my department, upper-management average

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Skokie, IL

I worked at Bloomingdale's

ProsI loved the people I worked with in my department and other sales associates within the store. It was a busy store, therefore a competitive sales environment. My department manager was very helpful and a pleasure to work with. Enjoyed the daily rallies in the morning as a way to start the day. Client system upgrade was helpful. Opportunities for advanced training and knowledge provided, very helpful.

ConsUpper-management employees were not as enjoyable to work with, system of evaluating employee performance was overwhelming and all based on numbers, credit card quotas difficult in this market, lots of gossiping/socializing among employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more positive with employees and have a better attitude.

Shocked at Pay Schedule

Selling Specialist (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bloomingdale's

Pros: Relatively little interference from management. I enjoy working with customers… Cons: This was a commission-only job -- no base pay whatsoever. Commission was wet at 6.75 percent so you'd have to sell $1000 to earn… Advice to Senior Management: A high-end department store should offer wage and benefits to people who work there. Bloomingdale's has a reputation for offering high-end fashion but offer… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

positive experience considering big corporate culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Bloomingdale's

Pros: Very supportive management team, interested in supporting my personal wishes… Cons: Baseline discount is low. Very "corporate" culture (aka lots of… Advice to Senior Management: Meet directly with your sales staff more often! Hire… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bloomingdale's.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomingdale's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bloomingdale's CEO Mike Gould. All reviews posted anonymously by Bloomingdale's employees.