Bloomingdale's
www.bloomingdales.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Management needs some more training in managing their team and providing a great communication

Sales Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is higher than Neiman Marcus or Macy's but not so much than Nordstrom. It's a well recognized company.

ConsAlthough it is a reputable company, the sales management team is under educated and are not good communicators. I could not take the miscommunication between sales agents and managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure they are well educated and know the promotions before the team. They lack communication and are ignorant to their sales team.

excellent

I have been working at Bloomingdale's

Pros: fairness to employess, good balance between work and personal life Cons: water, food bathrooms far away Advice to Senior Management: should back up valueble employees a bit more, if they are leaving for more money somewhere else, you should at least match it to keep… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Some departments are better than others

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bloomingdale's

Pros: overall they have good employees Cons: Many departments are commission only. They do give you a draw against comission, but that draw is taken out of… Advice to Senior Management: Pay all the employees a base salary, plus commission. In these economic times it is often… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bloomingdale's.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomingdale's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bloomingdale's CEO Tony Spring. All reviews posted anonymously by Bloomingdale's employees.