Bloomingdale's
www.bloomingdales.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great company but

Merchandise Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsYou get to manage high end vendors and brands. Have the opportunity to be a business owner. Great specialist contracts. Continuous contact with the buyers and planners. Best recognition programs I have ever seen. In NYC the staff/stock associates are unionized, helping job protection. Fun, energetic, exciting environment. You meet a lot of great people making your work day much more enjoyable. Senior management encourages success.

ConsIn management they expect a lot of change but do not allow the man power to get the job done. Customer issues result in inventory loss through marking items out of stock and customer accommodation. In NYC many stock/sales associates are very tenured and have lack of motivation, making it hard to motivate staff. Can be very political.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was a manager for 2 years. It is a self motivating job that requires a lot of energy.

Most unorganized major retailer I've even worked for

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Century City, CA

I have been working at Bloomingdale's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Management is pretty hands off, but in turn the overall business… Cons: -can't get a consistent schedule -business is purely based on promotions and coupons,… Advice to Senior Management: Change your culture to something remotely resembling Nordstrom No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

sales ass

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Century City, CA

I have been working at Bloomingdale's full-time for more than a year

Pros: -employee discount - great hours - beautiful store layout - great commission rate -… Cons: - return policy - bad management - Security/ loss prevention Advice to Senior Management: Consider the well being of the associates,there are too many cheifs not enough indians. Stop allowing ruthless customers to buy , wear and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bloomingdale's.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomingdale's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bloomingdale's CEO Tony Spring. All reviews posted anonymously by Bloomingdale's employees.