Bloomingdale's
www.bloomingdales.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Not for long term

Sales Specialist (Former Employee)
Costa Mesa, CA

ProsIt is a nice enviroment to work at

ConsBad management, employees are not treated equalily, and not given the same chances. Management is based on fear, does not support openness, sharing new ideas, just want everyone to follow rules- even when they are obviously not working.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust management methods to the age of employees - what works for a part time 20 year old will not for an experienced full time 40+ employee. When the business is based on the relationship between clients and sales professionals, make sure to keep them so you don't lose business.

Could be pleasant or miserable, depending on the managers.

Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Bloomingdale's part-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent pay, great employee discount. Scheduling could be somewhat flexible.… Cons: Some of the managers could be passive aggressive. Sometimes was forced to work a double shift if too many people in my department called out… Advice to Senior Management: Don't set unreasonable goals! And Be more accessible. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work if your motivated, bad upper management!

Sales Womens Shoes (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good money, during the busy seasons. Great rewards, discount, benefits.… Cons: Long hours, open until 10:00 pm on event days. Stressful dealing with a… Advice to Senior Management: be a better management team, listen to the feed back… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bloomingdale's.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomingdale's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bloomingdale's CEO Tony Spring. All reviews posted anonymously by Bloomingdale's employees.