Bloomingdale's

www.bloomingdales.com

In the seven years at this company, I saw many changes and being flexible was what kept me employed several times.

Department Manager (Former Employee) Huntington Station, NY

ProsThe company fully tests all computer program upgrades to limit issues when new programs go live and they seem to act quickly to resolve glitches when they are discovered.

ConsInability to eliminate poor performing employees from a department due to lack of a real HR manager in branch. The amount of time required to document all acts of insubordination became a second career for me and I felt very unsupported by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementUgh, why does everything have to be so political? Several times I witnessed incompetence being rewarded with promotions while other smart, hard working individuals were passed over. Thankfully, I do not feel I was held back at any time.

When its Good enjoy the ride while you can because when its Bad its Really Bad

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Discounts,Can meet some great people if your lucky,good for seasonal… Cons: if you are a sales associate be prepare sell your soul to meet all this companies expectations.When you first start its fantastic but once the… Advice to Senior Management: Realize you don't have to step on the neck of your workers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not for long term

Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time for more than a year

Pros: It is a nice enviroment to work at Cons: Bad management, employees are not treated equalily, and not given the same chances. Management is based on fear, does… Advice to Senior Management: Adjust management methods to the age of employees - what works for a part time 20 year old will not for an experienced full time… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bloomingdale's.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!