Meh

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Bloomingdale's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For the most part, the sales associates, SMs, and support get along, which creates a friendly and relaxed atmosphere (as long as the senior managers are not present). It is easy to accumulate vacation days.

Cons

Senior management is not in touch with the sales floor at all. There is not nearly enough recognition for sales associates and/or support staff. One day, they will claim that they are in the process of promoting from within, but then the next day, they hire an external candidate to take the position, passing on people who have been with the company for many years. Regional managers are even more out of touch than store managers. Managers will take back anything, regardless of the date purchased or the condition of the merchandise (and then they wonder why they have a $2 million shortage and miss plan by millions.

Recognize sales associates and support staff more often than you do. Advertising should become a priority. Each store has their own PR person, why are they not utilized to make ads? Start promoting from within.

Other Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Mostly Positive

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Bloomingdale's part-time for less than a year

Pros

I had never worked in retail before, and needed a part-time seasonal job while I looked for more permanent work. I enjoyed my surroundings at Bloomingdale's - the store is clean and has a nice layout. I thought my manager was a good leader, but I know some of the other associates had issues with her. Mostly everyone I worked with was friendly and helpful.

Cons

Employees only get a 20% discount, but they do have certain appreciation days where you will get an additional 10-20% off. Some of the managers there seemed clueless and weren't particularly agreeable.

2nd Job yes main job Nooooo!!!!

Current Employee - Recovery  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recovery in New York, NY

I have been working at Bloomingdale's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours are very flexible
    Possible to work another job
    Discounts aren't too shabby

Cons

No room for overtime
    Alot of slackers
    Return policy is too nice
    No full-time positions available

Start to really listern to what your employees have to say, we can help.

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomingdale's.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!