Bloomingdale's
www.bloomingdales.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

"Don't work here, everyone is miserable and you will be too"

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Huntington, NY

ProsBenefits, Health plan, 401K, nice surroundings, made nice friends, co workers are great, enjoy working with nice customers very much

ConsManagement is very unfair and unprofessional, the hours are horrible, you can't have much of a life outside Bloomingdale's. Unrealistic sales goals, too much pressure to open credit cards.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people, not robots, you don't "own" us. Get together with each other and all be on the same page and know what's going on.

Not worth it especially if you're part-time.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Bloomingdale's part-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice people to work with. Cons: Draw vs commission. If you aren't a shark and know how to hustle, forget it. If you have a client base and want to do… Advice to Senior Management: Offer a salary, even if it's minimum wage. Don't over-staff; give the associates a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Perks, Horrible Growth

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Employee shopping discount and overall company business model. Working… Cons: Old-fashioned senior management, especially in sales support areas (Operations, Marketing,… Advice to Senior Management: Hire senior leaders from the outside instead of promoting within.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bloomingdale's.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomingdale's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bloomingdale's CEO Tony Spring. All reviews posted anonymously by Bloomingdale's employees.