High Highs and Low Lows

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

young, friendly, fun environment great , brick, open spaced building dog friendly, occasional meals a team manager or two who are incredibly awesome to work with/for truly a group of employees who are also friends fast-paced, exciting, constantly changing flexible schedules and ability to work from home

Cons

upper level management on almost all sides ignores issues, and refuses to address employees' concerns pay structure which changes on a monthly basis "act first, think second" as a management policy hires too many, too fast; fires too many, too fast doesn't follow through on promised perks (transportation stipend) constant fear of losing job

Advice to Management

Have a more thoughtful hiring AND firing process- these decisions shouldn't be made over night. When ANY employee asks you something, at least give them a response. Go back to the rewards & performance-based days when people worked because they wanted to, not the fear-based recent culture which makes top sales execs want to seek employment elsewhere. Work on retaining your best people. When all else changes or fails, they will be your best assets. Be more clairvoyant with the company's finances- we signed NDAs!

Other Employee Reviews for Bloomspot

Great Co-Workers, Out of Touch Upper Level Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Fun and talented co-workers make it enjoyable to come to work. Small business owners are rewarding to work with. Location in SOMA is awesome. Diverse and liberal environment.

Cons

Not all upper management has the necessary relevant work experience: a sales team needs a leader with sales experience. Strategy is erratic and constantly changing. Management doesn't fully flush out ideas, rolls them out and then realizes it's going to work. This puts employees in awkward positions with merchants. Employees are seemingly disposable. "Hire and fire" is too common.

Advice to Management

Try to get back to a proactive state rather being reactive. Change and adjust, but don't change so many factors at the same time. That makes it difficult to determine what's working and what isn't.

BEWARE! Pretty on the outside - Ugly on the inside

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Being part of a social media company is great experience. Working with merchants in a fun space. Example: Spas, Restaurants, ect. They let us bring our dogs to work.

Cons

1. Be very careful. They hire these classes of 15 plus people only to lay off 90% of them so they don't have to convert them to employees. This way they don't have to pay benefits or unemployment. 2. They position it as a employee based position then at the last minute tell you that you will be a contractor only to lay you off in 90 days with most of your class. 3. The goals are unattainable unless you are in a new market or if you were brought on awhile ago and have decent accounts. The goals are a joke actually and they are doing nothing to increase their subscriber base. A complete joke. 4. They have no regard for their employees as people. You are nothing but a number to get them to the next level. 5. They did NOT collect our drivers license or SSN. This way they have no trail. They do not do direct deposit for contractors which is unheard of at any other company. 6. We were not even informed of how or when we would get paid until we had already been working there for 2 weeks. 7. They simply don't care. I have never experience such unprofessionalism. 8. I hope I can save someone from making the same bad decision that I did.

Advice to Management

Leadership is horrible and it does trickle down. When a company has no integrity or respect it is bound to fail. This company WILL fail due to ego.