There are newer employer reviews for Bloomspot

Great place to learn and grow inside and outside sales with truw professionals

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bloomspot

Pros

I believe it is a very friendly enviroment where all the employees are there to help you grow in every direction you desire. An always changing enviroment that keeps you focused and driven.

Cons

I believe the stablitiy of the company and the grwoth of the company has been slow. I know they choose to do this for a reason, but it is difficult to keep up with over 300 sites similar to them

the management team was fantastic and always willing to help in your own growth within the company. Always willing to standup for their employees and listen to any suggestions that the employees there have.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomspot (View Most Recent)

If you want the fun and exciting experience of working for a fast-paced internet company, Bloomspot is for you!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bloomspot

Pros

- Engaging and exciting -- all the fast paced fun of working for a startup
    - Amazing team -- seriously the smartest and nicest group of people I've ever worked with. Company happy hours, dinners, events are really fun
    - Flexible, great work/life balance -- ability to work from home when needed, management is understanding
    - Upper-management accessible -- Founders hold regular company-wide stand-ups to share what is going on internally as well as their perspective on the industry, etc.

Cons

The world changes quickly, and Bloomspot changes rapidly to stay one step ahead of the competition. Employees need to be flexible and adapt to change.

Outstanding people, but perhaps mismanaged

Former Employee - Not Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Not Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bloomspot

Pros

- For a while, Bloomspot had some pull and managed to recruit and employ some outstanding, brilliant people. I cannot speak highly enough of the people with whom I was able to work and their willingness to share information and help each other develop professionally.
    - Great location right near CalTrain and the stadium.
    - Free Diet Coke and other snacks

Cons

- Two rounds of severe layoffs with no warning or explanation has left much of the team seeking other opportunities.
    - When the team finally received a financial projection, its methodology and metric determination was not clear. The numbers were incredibly optimistic--at the same time a third of the company was cut.
    - Product and engineering team seem spread too thin. Though engineers were interviewed by the dozens after the second round of funding, none were hired--not even in a junior role. Thus, eight engineers are asked to work on eight different projects, which means progress is slow and room for important work requested by other teams must be planned out months in advance.

For now, you still have a crack team of developers, analysts, and salespeople. But they won't stick around long if Bloomspot's core problems aren't openly addressed and resolved. The magic isn't over, but it's imperiled.

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomspot