Bloomspot

www.bloomspot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bloomspot

I love working at Bloomspot

I have been working at Bloomspot

Pros

The people are great and the culture is great. The company is continually seeking ways to improve.

Cons

Since it is still a start up, sometimes things are a little chaotic.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Bloomspot (View Most Recent)

Kicking myself for still working here...

I have been working at Bloomspot

Pros

Very little micromanaging
    Cento coffee is quite good

Cons

bloomspot is all the things wrong with startup culture. This is not "hip" or "cool." There is very little that separates bloomspot from working at an insurance agency or Bank of America. This is the most corporate acting startup I have worked for in the city -- or even heard about from friends. In other words, bloomspot has very little of the perks of working for a startup. The pay is EXTREMELY low. I cannot speak for the management, etc., but the pay is just the minimum they can get away with. The vision for the company seems weirdly outdated -- where "checking in on Foursquare" is considered a new, cutting edge marketing campaign. I guess they just got hold of basic social media from 18 months ago. I've dubbed weekly meetings "Meme Death Watch" because by the time upper management has learned of "Friday" or the "Honey Badger" video and used it in a meeting, that meme is officially dead. No one feels secure or passionate in what is ultimately the coupon selling business. It's a highly uncreative place that runs on the naivety of post-collegiates who are working for peanuts (this is not exactly me, but it's obvious). There is just so little vision or anything innovative happening here. Jasper and Ashish drink their own kool-aid so much, they are unable to see that their employees are not thriving, and they are losing out on a ton of untapped potential. Get it together, guys. Your business won't survive if you keep ignoring what's obvious.

Focus on company culture again. I'm not asking for a free lunch or a swanky gift card, but right now, it feels like we should all be wearing name tags and khakis. There's nothing special left. So, address that. What makes your business special? Beyond revenue. And look internally to what people CAN do, not just what they ARE doing. There's a lot of ripe talent around here that isn't being mobilized. I've never seen a company whose best ideas came from mid-upper management. Get to know who's in the trenches. Get to know your pawns. Focusing on the knights and rooks is a sure way to lose the game. Good luck, guys.

Great place to learn and grow inside and outside sales with truw professionals

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bloomspot

Pros

I believe it is a very friendly enviroment where all the employees are there to help you grow in every direction you desire. An always changing enviroment that keeps you focused and driven.

Cons

I believe the stablitiy of the company and the grwoth of the company has been slow. I know they choose to do this for a reason, but it is difficult to keep up with over 300 sites similar to them

the management team was fantastic and always willing to help in your own growth within the company. Always willing to standup for their employees and listen to any suggestions that the employees there have.

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomspot