Bloomspot

www.bloomspot.com

lots of smart, sharp people. very little micromanaging. never an average day-to-day.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- fun company culture
- smart, young team
- excellent work/life balance
- work is always changing, never dull
- lots of internal mobility
- will probably never find smarter and more fun bunch of people to work with
- people are genuinely friends outside of work

Cons

- management can be narrow minded and stubborn with respect to new ideas
- engineering and product bottle neck prevents innovation
- part of quickly changing, generally lukewarm daily deal industry
- employees who have been around since company inception get away minimal work

- let your employees prove you wrong
- hire a dedicated director of email marketing instead of allowing product to (poorly) manage email
- AEs get a lot of recognition because sales is inevitably competitive. give recognition to other teams, too. we all work hard.

Other reviews for Bloomspot

I love working at Bloomspot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The people are great and the culture is great. The company is continually seeking ways to improve.

Cons

Since it is still a start up, sometimes things are a little chaotic.

Kicking myself for still working here...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Very little micromanaging
    Cento coffee is quite good

Cons

bloomspot is all the things wrong with startup culture. This is not "hip" or "cool." There is very little that separates bloomspot from working at an insurance agency or Bank of America. This is the most corporate acting startup I have worked for in the city -- or even heard about from friends. In other words, bloomspot has very little of the perks of working for a startup. The pay is EXTREMELY low. I cannot speak for the management, etc., but the pay is just the minimum they can get away with. The vision for the company seems weirdly outdated -- where "checking in on Foursquare" is considered a new, cutting edge marketing campaign. I guess they just got hold of basic social media from 18 months ago. I've dubbed weekly meetings "Meme Death Watch" because by the time upper management has learned of "Friday" or the "Honey Badger" video and used it in a meeting, that meme is officially dead. No one feels secure or passionate in what is ultimately the coupon selling business. It's a highly uncreative place that runs on the naivety of post-collegiates who are working for peanuts (this is not exactly me, but it's obvious). There is just so little vision or anything innovative happening here. Jasper and Ashish drink their own kool-aid so much, they are unable to see that their employees are not thriving, and they are losing out on a ton of untapped potential. Get it together, guys. Your business won't survive if you keep ignoring what's obvious.

Focus on company culture again. I'm not asking for a free lunch or a swanky gift card, but right now, it feels like we should all be wearing name tags and khakis. There's nothing special left. So, address that. What makes your business special? Beyond revenue. And look internally to what people CAN do, not just what they ARE doing. There's a lot of ripe talent around here that isn't being mobilized. I've never seen a company whose best ideas came from mid-upper management. Get to know who's in the trenches. Get to know your pawns. Focusing on the knights and rooks is a sure way to lose the game. Good luck, guys.

There are newer employer reviews for Bloomspot.

Worked for Bloomspot? Contribute to the Community!