There are newer employer reviews for Blount International

it was wonderful until we bought companies and decided to move. NOW no one knows what the hell is going on. T

Current Employee - Supervisor in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Supervisor in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Blount International

Pros

was wonderful before the move. pay ok

Cons

you won't get promoted for hard work. if you can plant your lips on someones ass then it might happen

your workers make you or break you. and now you are broke

reviews filtered by

Somewhere to get a paycheck

I worked at Blount International

Pros

The salaries are decent and the health benefits are good so those are good points.
    There are chances to move around and up for some people.
    They are one of the few companies that still offer employee events like a company picnic and Children's Santa Party.

Cons

The company is very old school (think 1950s) in its approach to structure and the management of people.
    Over the years (I was there 13+) I saw the morale head down fast, and now most people are only showing up to get a paycheck.
    Communication between management and the general workforce is poor at best, and the main source of information is gossip.
    There is a strong atmosphere of politics and it truly matters who you know, more than what you know when trying to gain a new position. Sadly this has allowed a significant amount of nepotism into the workforce which only further drives down the morale.
    There is little meaningful employee feedback or resolution of known personnel issues by management, this leads to a general mistrust of both leadership and fellow co-workers making for a very eat or be eaten environment.

There needs to be stronger decision making skills at all levels of the company from the top to the bottom. When there are far more meetings than decisions made from those meetings an environment of ineffectiveness sets in and this is what has happened over the years. During my employment there I attended no less than 6 group meetings about the same problem, lots of conversation and even some flow charts and instructions to resolve the matter resulted. This was followed by management (on several levels) deciding something different or not requiring jobs to be done only to have another meeting to figure out what the problem was all over again, and I know there has been at least one more set of meetings on the same topic since I left. Make a decision and move forward with it having purpose in your movements, if you find out it is wrong later admit the shortcoming resolve to a new approach and follow it.
    Also there needs to be better communication at all levels of the company, the rumor-mill should not be the primary form of communicating what is going on to the masses.

This is a very political company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR

I worked at Blount International

Pros

The pay is good, and the benefits are good. These are pretty much the only pros I can think of about this company.

Cons

The employees at this company will stab you in the back if you're not watching out for yourself. It's a very 'kill or be killed' environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Blount International