Blount International
www.blount.com Portland, OR 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great co-workers, okay management that is leaning toward stockholder focus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers at all levels. Everyone is pretty willing to help with projects, as long as you are careful about understanding that they have other things to work on in addition to what you are asking of them.

ConsDuring my employment the upper management got more and more vocal about how the employees are the most important asset of the company, but their actions showed that their real concern was about stock price, and spinning soft market conditions to look okay to major stock holders.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down on acquiring new business units and focus on getting the organization moving in the same direction. Stop playing a numbers game with shipments to try and keep the stock prices up, it only ends up hurting the company the next month, and frustrating everyone with the rollercoaster of activity.

Great company

I have been working at Blount International full-time

Pros: Blount is a great company that provides employees with plenty of… Cons: The company is large and with that comes bureacracy. Even with the current emphasis on lean, continuous improvement, and change,… Advice to Senior Management: Continue doing what you're doing. Changing the culture takes time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fnatastic company to work for with very nice coworkers; fun and nice benefits.benefits

Corporate Accountant (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

I have been working at Blount International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The various people you get to work with and in my position that's a broad cross-section. Excellent benefits. Excellent work hours:… Cons: Slow upward mobility: people like the place and tend to… Advice to Senior Management: Create a broader spectrum of advancement opportunities. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Blount International.

Worked for Blount International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blount International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blount International CEO Joshua L. (Josh) Collins. All reviews posted anonymously by Blount International employees.