Blount International

www.blount.com

Blount International

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukie, OR

ProsBlount International has a good track record with employees instilling longevity and loyalty. There were many people who were 20+ years and retired and as many 20+ years and still working.

ConsBlount International keeps employees and tries to grow them in their knowledge of company key metrics. However some people learn how to just get buy and sort of float through the system without giving 100%

Advice to Senior ManagementBlount is trying to buy certain competitors but they are in a commodities business. The bottom dollar will win most of the time. They need to innovate something spectacular and relative to their current customer base.

Don't like the environment

I have been working at Blount International

Pros: They offer good benefits. They have employee events, like Ice Cream… Cons: No bonus plans. I have never met more rude people at the manager level and above since I started with this company.… Advice to Senior Management: Stop encouraging the atmosphere of politics. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A great place to work, in an old school manufacturing company.

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Blount International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Feels like a family at work, people really dive into the work, great company in the Pacific NW, with a… Cons: - Old Boy style progression of employees - The product amount to limited growth in a commodity market, and efforts… Advice to Senior Management: - Think long term, and look for competitive strategies regarding investment in manufacturing excellence. Management is too focused on short term solutions, and the progressive… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Blount International.

Worked for Blount International? Contribute to the Community!