There are newer employer reviews for Blount International

Don't like the environment

I have been working at Blount International

Pros

They offer good benefits. They have employee events, like Ice Cream Wednesdays, costs 0.75 per scoop, and yearly picnics and other things like that.

Cons

No bonus plans. I have never met more rude people at the manager level and above since I started with this company. Everyone is waiting to stab someone in the back. I haven't worked here long, and don't intend to for much longer.

Stop encouraging the atmosphere of politics.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Blount International (View Most Recent)

Blount cares and listens to their employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Blount International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I feel engaged and my opinion matters. Our CEO, Josh Collins is engaged and leads with humility. I like that we are focused on continuous improvement and strive to create a cohesive global team. There is great communication within the organization. I really enjoy attending our Kaizen report outs every week and I like that these are video conferenced globally and recorded, and that all employees are invited and encouraged to attend.

Cons

I do not have anything I don't like at Blount.

Continue to engage with your employees and listen to our opinions. Keep the lines of communication open.

Keep looking, this is not a place for long term growth unless your a gluten for punishment!

Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Blount International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

pay, and good people below Vp level

Cons

All Management should be retrained on ethics and emotional intelligence. This company has done a terrible job in the past 12 months at hiring above the Vp level. They have hired from companies that are known for their abusive tactics to motivate (more like de-motivate/scare) employees to perform.... Large amount of talking out the side of their mouth.

Remove the "Cancer" from your organization that you have recently hired and replace with Management that cares about the skilled staff. I can see a large amount of your talent "mass exiting" in a short time. Work Life balance is horrid. Worst I have ever seen in my career.

There are newer employer reviews for Blount International