There are newer employer reviews for Blount International

This is a very political company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukie, OR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR

I worked at Blount International

Pros

The pay is good, and the benefits are good. These are pretty much the only pros I can think of about this company.

Cons

The employees at this company will stab you in the back if you're not watching out for yourself. It's a very 'kill or be killed' environment.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Blount International (View Most Recent)

Blount International

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukie, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR

I worked at Blount International

Pros

Blount International has a good track record with employees instilling longevity and loyalty. There were many people who were 20+ years and retired and as many 20+ years and still working.

Cons

Blount International keeps employees and tries to grow them in their knowledge of company key metrics. However some people learn how to just get buy and sort of float through the system without giving 100%

Blount is trying to buy certain competitors but they are in a commodities business. The bottom dollar will win most of the time. They need to innovate something spectacular and relative to their current customer base.

Don't like the environment

I have been working at Blount International

Pros

They offer good benefits. They have employee events, like Ice Cream Wednesdays, costs 0.75 per scoop, and yearly picnics and other things like that.

Cons

No bonus plans. I have never met more rude people at the manager level and above since I started with this company. Everyone is waiting to stab someone in the back. I haven't worked here long, and don't intend to for much longer.

Stop encouraging the atmosphere of politics.

There are newer employer reviews for Blount International

Worked for Blount International? Contribute to the Community!