Blucora

www.blucora.com

Best job I ever had in 17 years

Senior Software Engineering Manager (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThe people and culture are great! The work is challenging and as an engineer, I can't imagine a better place to grow--regardless of the level you are at! I've seen Senior Engineers really grow to become Principle Engineers! I've seen new graduates go from being talented and driven to being experienced veterans who can handle just about any problem thrown at them. I've also seen everyone increase their ability to talk about their work and give presentations and talks within the company and at conferences.

Best of all, they get rid people you hate working with and reward star performers!

ConsInfospace seems stuck with Google, so that can make free-form innovation challenging. I also see that sometimes actually stimulate creativity at times!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a chance on new businesses within Infospace

Great people, no clear direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

I worked at Blucora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The people at Blucora (InfoSpace, specifically) are great. The culture is really fun and you… Cons: The company struggles with communication across the organization. Management pursues short-term financial goals in lieu of investing in long-term future products and features. There's a… Advice to Senior Management: Clearly articulate a long-term vision and then back it up… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Solutions Architect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Blucora

Pros: Great place to work and give ample opportunities to grow… Cons: No clear articulation of the long term vision. More
There are newer reviews on Blucora.

Worked for Blucora? Contribute to the Community!