Blue Book Network Contractors Register
www.thebluebook.com Jefferson Valley, NY 500 to 999 Employees

From Prestigious and Unprecedented to Average in 9 years

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe sales force I worked with at Blue Book were amazing people, they are self motivated, focused, and driven sales people,.and many are still there. Also the company pays very well.

ConsBlue Book implemented, and made mandatory an activity based non-performance review system, AND along with this , they gave us hours of non-revenue generating paper work. This forced reps to lie about activity. This vicious circle of lying and activity ,to show an increased has nothing to do with performance. This is unhealthy for the long term prospects of any company.
    Blue Book also implemented a mandatory online scheduler connected to the product, and this was all designed so big brother at corporate could monitor the reps, however it was done under the guides that "We want to help you"
       OK-- Thanks for the help!!! How about giving credit for performance, and reward performance, not activity. With activity based judgement, there is no reward for someone who does well, they are charged with the same amount of stuff to do. Consequently, "ALL the reps who do really well lie the most"
     I had countless conversations with many of the top reps. They were lying even more than me. "Trust me they will never admit it" The more required activity you actually did, the less time you had to sell. Lying to corporate allowed you to have the time to do your jobs. This is the downside of selling Blue Book.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP with the extra activity, and we will stop lying. Give kudos when its due for performance. Don't be-rate performance If its done differently, and respect peoples ability to sell the way they know how. Realize that performance varies from a country rep with a poorer territory to a city rep in a rich area. Stop forcing people to sell the way you think they should sell. I know good sales people who got fired from Blue Book for using the incorrect tools, or reporting incorrectly . The performance didn't matter. It was more important for big brother to be able to see how many times we went to a certain website, or how many times we used a certain prep tool. STOP with that garbage.! I was saddened and disappointed with the upper management when I left. They didn't even afford me an exit review.
   i then sent thank you letters, and I called upper management thanking them for the opportunity to work for Blue Book. Still I never ever received a phone call, or a letter acknowledging receipt of a letter or a phone call. Pretty Sad after I gave them 9 good years. Well thats the low down, 1. Decent product, 2. great pay, 3. uncaring upper management.

One of the Last Great Companies in the US

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register for more than 10 years

Pros: The Blue Book cares about their employees and consistently invests in them. The management team doesn't so much give direction.....they strive to make their people… Cons: With any innovative, creative company that regularly launches new products, there… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

15 years as account executive in Florida

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great working with construction industry and helping them build their… Cons: Constant pressure on a daily basis to grow territory. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Blue Book Network Contractors Register.

Worked for Blue Book Network Contractors Register? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Book Network Contractors Register reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blue Book Network Contractors Register CEO Rich Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by Blue Book Network Contractors Register employees.