Blue Book Network Contractors Register

www.thebluebook.com
  www.thebluebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register

What a great company to work for and it just got better.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have fifteen plus years with The Blue Book. Joining Blue Book was the best career decision I have ever made. Not only is the Blue Book 100 year old, it is more relevent than ever before to the commercial construction industry . Yes, the great recession took its toll on us but there were no lay offs and the company continued to invest in new products. The best event in my thirty plus year career is that the Blue Book is now an employee owned company aka ESOP. This will provide all the employees with a secure job environment (if you work hard and are sucessful) because the company can't be sold without the employees agreeing to it. Further, all future increases in the value of the company will go to the employees when they retire. As an employee/owner, I only want motivated, hard working, results-oriented candidates to apply for jobs at the Blue Book.

Cons

Vacation could be improved upon but all other benefits are fantastic.

Get feedback from Sales Management.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register (View Most Recent)

This Company Is Passionate about Purpose

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Blue Book is a great place to work for many reasons. One that stands out is that it is a sound company with a solid foundation. Much like the anatomy of a building's construction, this solid foundation has stood the test of time. 100 years later and still standing!! This strength helps me in knowing that I am working for a company that is secure in all aspects of execution such as being financially sound, having a proven record in diversifying and adapting to new challenges, a strong internal and external support team, and a laundry list of so many different ways to be rewarded monetarily.

Each level of leadership has a keen sense of what is needed and what it takes to press on, motivate their segment, or simply stay focused on the tasks at hand. The fact that this leadership is open to creative ideas and objective reasoning only strengthens my position.

Another reason is that this company is passionate about purpose. Working for a company that has a clearly defined purpose and the ability to carry it out has enabled me to transfer that purpose to my clients. I have witnessed their hardships and triumps, successes and defeats. Through it all, I have felt that The Blue Book and its People overwhelmingly supports and understands that our customers are owed (for their investment) the resources and abilities to overcome whatever the industry or market influence throws at it over the course of time. This feeling of purpose inspires me to listen, learn, teach, inspire and build their business for them as the Blue Book has built mine for me.

There are many other reasons why I like working for The Blue Book. They would include Confidence, Security, Accountability, Self Reliance, Personal Growth, Community Service, Positive Impacts on Economic Growth (for me, my customers and the region)... or how about the fact that I have been given the opportunity to create and maintain a marketplace for buyers and sellers to communicate, conduct business and establish vital business relationships? Pretty impressive company if you ask me!

Cons

Maybe more vacation time, but 4 weeks is decent enough!

Thanks for the support!!

I'm in my thirty's and I plan to retire with this company, owning a piece of the action along the way!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Income potential is very good, some in your control, some not.. Yes, not everyone will make six figures but I doubled that one year and even during my worst year stayed pretty close to six figures. Not everyone will make that kind of money as it will depend on your territory and how you work what you are given. If you are a salary riding person and not a go getter, this job will not make you six figures( and you probably would not make it past interview two-lol). But with a base salary more than most of the teachers I know in Florida and most typical 9-5 corporate employees, it is above average but also depends on the territory you are managing. The salary is not what get's me to six figures. It is the commission and many, many bonuses offered along the way. Monthly, quarterly and year end bonuses that are more than most sales organization offer. Now that we are ESOP-Employee stock ownership plan. I can see myself working until my retirement age, God willing. This is now a built in pension that I can control as part owner of this company based on my W-2. There are not many companies that offer that in a sales environment. It is a great feeling to say the least.

There is no real competition to The Blue Book Network in the industry. We offer exposure and opportunity to our Network Customers they cannot get anywhere else. We offer Targeted Loyal Network of users, strong distribution of printed books, very strong targeted online presence and usage (We are the Google for Commercial Construction) We have the Largest most active number of Private users using our BB-Bid & SyncWare tools to help communicate Project information and plans specifically to who is needed. We do not sell leads, we build you a Network of the right people at the right time. Most of my customers get real consistent phone calls for work and emails everyday looking for exactly what they do. We help build them a Network of new people outside of their existing Network so they can grow their business at the pace they are most comfortable. We open the door the rest is up to them. But hands down NO ONE does all that we do for our Customers, period.

Amazing benefits package. I have had 3 Children and have paid no more than $70 from start to finish for each delivery. Our Medical Insurance is that good. And to get paid for 8 weeks like I was working in the field at 100% of my income during my short term disability for maternity leave. The 401K is also great, the Company Matches up to 10K. I put in 10K they put in 10K. That is awesome!!! Nice nest egg I am building for my future.

Great support from Customer Service. I turn in the simple paperwork and my orders get processed and Customer Service handles any problems as they arise. Without this kind of support this job would be much more time consuming. Our back office and our BB-Bid helps me manage my customers and prospects along with my online users and help me stay in follows-up mode to ensure retention and customer satisfaction. There is so much support in every aspect of this job. We are all on the same team working together.

It seems that some people in other book areas may feel micro managed at times, I have never really felt that way in ten years doing this job. I guess I always do more than what is expected of me so I do not need to be micro managed. I have a passion for helping people and I really enjoy my job and growing MY business. I really feel like I am running my own business and if I just do the little things each and every day consistently over a long period of time, everything just all comes together in the end it is just all works out. I max out my bonus levels each month and each quarter( a majority of the time) and I get a year end bonus and hopefully make it back to Presidents Club. An even through the downturn in the economy and the construction industry the past few year, we never laid off one person from our company.

Cons

There is A LOT that is asked of us to do on a daily basis. Our title is Account Manager but only a portion of the time is actually spend managing existing account to ensure a high retention rate. Ten years ago I had more time to Manage Accounts and sell new business. I was not required to do more than just that. Now I have to go see my GC's, Property Managers, Facility Mangers, etc. I do have the ability to increase my income by over 15K to build this Network of users but it is very time consuming.( I wish this was not capped out because I feel I should earn more for the huge Network of users I have developed over the years, years when it was not tied to extra earnings) This year we do have help to take some of the burden off us in the field. We have Specialist up in NY to help each region. So we open the door since we are out in the field, they will take over from they to ensure usage. I am excited to see how this will pan out, so far so good!!!

We also do Lunch & Learns with Architects, purely to increase knowledge and usage of our new free products and online tools. Again, we do get paid to grow this as well and this is not capped so their is benefits on both sides to build these relationships. This job easily could be two separate outside sales jobs, one to sell adverting and manage account and one to create usage and train people on our fabulous free tools that streamline everyone's work-flow and productivity. I work way more hours then I ever thought this job would require. There are long hours out in the field, going to Networking events, and prep work needed to be done for the up coming days in the field. Also, online research and keeping up with whats going on in the industry can keep you working very long hours.

We often launch products a little prematurely before all the bugs/glitches are worked out.( or knowledge on how to sell or material to make the sales presentation) We do not get too much direction on how to "specifically" sell the new tools. They change a lot of things without always asking for our feedback in the field before it is set in stone. If they would actually ask us for feedback prior to making permanent changes, tweaks or launching new tools it would be better for moral and the products would more complete and may not need to be tweaked after launched. We are the true boots on the ground, we have to sell it, we should be involved more in creating it and marketing it.

Keep up the great work in trying to be everything to everyone in the construction industry. Keep up the research and development that make us the industry leader that we are and will always remain 100+ year strong. Keep coming up with new products and tools to enhance our users experiences and retain our huge customer base. BUT PLEASE..... get the sales people more involved during the beginning, middle and end stages of these new products, tools, enhancements and advancements. Let us help ensure that once launched it does not need to be tweaked. Let us help design our GC Lunch & Learn presentation since we have been doing them for years now. Let us get you some feedback on what really needs to be tweaked inside BB-Bid before you launch the new BB-Bid. Ask us how a new commission structure should be set up for our GC users based on our hard work in the field.

Try to make changes quicker on things that are obviously going to help everyone if it were changed. It should not take years to create online tweaks that wold enhance workflow and productivity now. If we were more involved in these decisions as they were going on we would be that much more ahead of the game. Were the ones out in the field so talk to us, not our managers, not our area managers, us. If you start to to this you will see how valuable we can be to you then just a sales force. Keep up and increase the two way communication and the adding of more people to our staff inside and outside.

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register

Worked for Blue Book Network Contractors Register? Contribute to the Community!