Blue Book Network Contractors Register

www.thebluebook.com
  www.thebluebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register

Proceed at your own risk

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great 401k, 100 year old brand name.

Cons

First of all I hate to say it but to agree with all my colleagues who posted reviews prior to February 7, 2013 most of them hit the nail right on the head. The only reason I state before Feb 7 is that at the end of January all the AE's where asked by the company to write mandatory "Brag" testimonials about how great the company is, we were told to keep it positive and the testimonials will be used to help recruit account managers, failure to comply was not acceptable. I suspect all the reviews dated Feb 7, and 8, were posted by management from our "Brag" testimoniels. What are the odds that all of a sudden in a two day span ten great reviews would be posted. This is a dispicable effort by The Blue Book to control the ratings on Glassdoor.com talk about micro management. Sadly this is a company that has seen its heyday and because of bad management will not recover from this death spiral. Ask yourself would you want to work for a company that wants to control every minute aspect of your work day, shrinks your vacation time over a 15 year period, forces you to lie on your intinerary by making you fill in fake appointments for the entire first quarter, and demands that you write an embelished brag letter about how wonderful they are. If nutty, ridiculous, juvenille, absurd, ludicrous, dishonest, controlling come to your mind then welcome to The Blue Book.

We sell advertising stop getting in our way we are the lifeblood of this company and keep you employed, our income is commission based, we need more time in front of our customers and less time in front of you.

59 Other Employee Reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register (View Most Recent)

Current Sales Representative

Current Employee - CIP (Construction Industry Professional) in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - CIP (Construction Industry Professional) in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time

Pros

Terrific benefits, 401k 2 to 1 match!, Customer Service and MIS depts.

Cons

Micro management of Sales force. Too many products that don't get to the core issue's that the customer base has expressed a need for... ACCURATE INFORMATION!!!!. Many bells and whistles are added to our inferior products to further confuse and drive away usership/ownership and ultimately DOLLARS!!!

HOLD YOURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE to the degree you hold us sales people too!!!! You ALL would be on your final PIP! ( performance improvement plan)

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Best in the business and company treats you great!

Cons

long interviiew process, but worth it!

keep it up!