Blue Book Network Contractors Register

www.thebluebook.com
  www.thebluebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register

Do not believe the positive reviews! Sales force was bullied into writing them!

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager
Former Employee - Sales Account Manager

I worked at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The 401K was good, medical went downhill starting in 2013, but still is decent. There is not enough money to overcome the negatives.

Cons

ALL THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ARE CORRECT. End of January the VP found out about Glassdoor; he had the Managers bully the employees into writing reviews about how great it was to work for The Blue Book. Do we dare tell the truth??? NO, we still needed our jobs until we got out. In an email dated January 31, 2013 the President attached a letter stating that if we get a new hire to sign on and stay 6 months, we will get a $6,000 referral bonus! There is the motive to refer new prospective hires! Who does that? Desperate companies that treat people like dirt and need new bodies. Everyone who has not left is looking for a place to go. They just can not tell you. Your'e happiest day will be the day you leave, I know mine was! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Stop the false advertising about how great you are. All the positive reviews you put on here starting the end of January just show how manipulative you are. The business is going down, competition is everywhere doing a better job. You have lost all your best people; so learn from that and get back to basics; but you will never listen.

65 Other Employee Reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register (View Most Recent)

Proceed at your own risk

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great 401k, 100 year old brand name.

Cons

First of all I hate to say it but to agree with all my colleagues who posted reviews prior to February 7, 2013 most of them hit the nail right on the head. The only reason I state before Feb 7 is that at the end of January all the AE's where asked by the company to write mandatory "Brag" testimonials about how great the company is, we were told to keep it positive and the testimonials will be used to help recruit account managers, failure to comply was not acceptable. I suspect all the reviews dated Feb 7, and 8, were posted by management from our "Brag" testimoniels. What are the odds that all of a sudden in a two day span ten great reviews would be posted. This is a dispicable effort by The Blue Book to control the ratings on Glassdoor.com talk about micro management. Sadly this is a company that has seen its heyday and because of bad management will not recover from this death spiral. Ask yourself would you want to work for a company that wants to control every minute aspect of your work day, shrinks your vacation time over a 15 year period, forces you to lie on your intinerary by making you fill in fake appointments for the entire first quarter, and demands that you write an embelished brag letter about how wonderful they are. If nutty, ridiculous, juvenille, absurd, ludicrous, dishonest, controlling come to your mind then welcome to The Blue Book.

We sell advertising stop getting in our way we are the lifeblood of this company and keep you employed, our income is commission based, we need more time in front of our customers and less time in front of you.

Current Sales Representative

Current Employee - CIP (Construction Industry Professional) in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - CIP (Construction Industry Professional) in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time

Pros

Terrific benefits, 401k 2 to 1 match!, Customer Service and MIS depts.

Cons

Micro management of Sales force. Too many products that don't get to the core issue's that the customer base has expressed a need for... ACCURATE INFORMATION!!!!. Many bells and whistles are added to our inferior products to further confuse and drive away usership/ownership and ultimately DOLLARS!!!

HOLD YOURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE to the degree you hold us sales people too!!!! You ALL would be on your final PIP! ( performance improvement plan)

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register