Blue Book Network Contractors Register

www.thebluebook.com

Amazing Amount of Support for Sales from Management !

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Account Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

I have worked for The Blue Book for a little over a year now and without a doubt it is the best company I have ever worked for. In fact, I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the company who felt differently.

The Blue Book is an industry leader who continually strives to come up with better and more innovative products to help their customers and the industry as a whole. The amount of effort and money put into creating the best products on the market is unrivaled which is proven by the amount of loyal customers who rely on The Blue Book to conduct business.

Although the products are top notch, it is not why I love working for The Blue Book. Throughout my time with the company, I have felt an amazing amount of support from local management in the Pacific Northwest all the way up to the corporate headquarters in Jefferson Valley, NY. No matter what level you are dealing with, you can tell everyone loves their job and truly wants what is best for their employees and our customers.

I am proud to work for The Blue Book and would truly recommend the company to anyone who is trying to work for or with The Blue Book.

Cons

In sales, we get 4 weeks' vacation ~ 3 are in December. It would be even better if some of that time could be spread out. Other than that, no complaints !

Thanks for all the support!!

Other reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register

Last one to leave, turn off the lights.

Pros

There is a great 401K match, decent yet crazy expensive benefits, and great people to work with.

Cons

Micro management runs rampant as does the culture of passing the buck- you can point out areas of opportunity at every turn and yet nothing will ever be done about it, it's always business as usual. The salary is paltry and not enough to live on which is why you see either very young people who took one of the few jobs offered to them in the toughest economy since the 20's or you see older folks who have a pension to live off of and are doing this to make extra money or to keep themselves busy. You'll find this place will never be a career, it's a stepping stone to bigger and better or it's a second "job", which is a shame because this could be a great place to spend many years at if only you were paid enough to eat. And it's not like the company is bleeding money at all, they're constantly sending people here, offering competitions there, buying useless new equipment for departments. If only they invested that money in their people and trusted those people to drive the company forward they wouldn't have all of the open positions that they do.

Knock off the kitschy business of promoting us as an "open door, everyone is valued" company and start getting your hands dirty. Spend the money to fix the products so they do exactly what they say they will every single time you use them, pay your employees enough to live and not just scrape by or have to work multiple jobs, and train your staff the way they should be trained. You have a great concept that's being poorly executed in recent years, and it shows. Stop accepting mediocre and hold the decisions you make to the same standards you want to hold your employees to.

Current Sales Representative

Current Employee - CIP (Construction Industry Professional)  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - CIP (Construction Industry Professional) in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Terrific benefits, 401k 2 to 1 match!, Customer Service and MIS depts.

Cons

Micro management of Sales force. Too many products that don't get to the core issue's that the customer base has expressed a need for... ACCURATE INFORMATION!!!!. Many bells and whistles are added to our inferior products to further confuse and drive away usership/ownership and ultimately DOLLARS!!!

HOLD YOURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE to the degree you hold us sales people too!!!! You ALL would be on your final PIP! ( performance improvement plan)

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register.

Worked for Blue Book Network Contractors Register? Contribute to the Community!