Blue Book Network Contractors Register
www.thebluebook.com Jefferson Valley, NY 500 to 999 Employees

There's a reason all of these sales positions are open... it's not expansion it's dis-satisfaction

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat 401k. Former owner cared about people. The majority of the people who work there are saddened to see the culture of this, once great place to work, deteriorate so quickly and will honestly admit it out of earshot of current management.

ConsAMAZING! I am seeing this sudden influx, (look at the dates), of great reviews which coincides with upper management becoming aware of this website and mandating that sales people write reviews stating what they like about their job, (forget painting the entire picture, let's just talk about the perceived good stuff...) Coincidence? I think not. Just an example of the lack of integrity prevailant in the current management culture.

Long term, highly successful sales professionals are exiting so fast they had to triple the recruitment bonus! Why are they leaving? Because of inadequate compensation and the fact that the culture of this company has turned 180 degrees in the past couple of years. Distrust, micro-management, fear and intimidation are the components of the current culture.

You will be frustrated by the lack of communication, product rollouts without proper testing and antiquated operations methods. A tremendous amount of non-selling activity is required and there is absolutely NO ACCOUNTABILITY FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT OR THE OPERATIONS SIDE while sales has quickly become the red headed step child that has been put under the microscope.

Other frustrations include an inaccurate data base, a huge amount of salesperson incurred expenses that seem to increase each year as you are supplied with less and less from corporate (you provide the computer, internet, cell phone, vehicle, most gas & maintenance, and all printing) and are meagerly compensated for these expenses. In addition to this, you will experience a healthy percentage of product failure in the field for no apparent reason and will not receive any credible explanations.

Vacation time is eroding and being replaced with mandated poorly performed training. I swear, if our presentations and demonstrations were as poortly planned and executed as the ones we have had to suffer through the past couple of years we deserved to be fired!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile your vision is appreciated, the ability to communicate and implement is sorely lacking.

LISTEN to the people you have entrusted to represent this company to the industry, THE SALES FORCE. Perhaps you have become too insulated by people who are afraid to tell you about the real problems that the field is experiencing because it will reflect poorly on certain operational departments.

Be ready to challenge each other - talk about REAL PROBLEMS that are impacting this comany's success like product failures in the field and with the internal sos and bb-bid systems. Figure out what the solutions are. (Hint - counting hashmarks on itinerarys aint fixin nothin)

Leading by being great at certain things is not enough. MOTIVATION & INSPIRATION ARE SECOND NATURE TO MOST GREAT LEADERS. Honesty and integrity can go a long way. Get some real help learning how to manage sales people. Take some AMA courses and learn about different personality types... an artist cannot be graded scientifically anymore than a square peg can be forced into a round hole.

True sales professionals are insulted by micro-management because it reflects distrust. They do not appreciate being forced to do non-selling activities. Let them do what they do best, sell, not DATA ENTRY. Most want to be graded and compensated based on results not activity. It seems to me the company was much more successful when sales was managed that way a few years ago.

Current Sales Representative

CIP (Construction Industry Professional) (Current Employee)
    Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time

Pros: Terrific benefits, 401k 2 to 1 match!, Customer Service… Cons: Micro management of Sales force. Too many products that don't get to the core issue's that the customer base has expressed a need for...… Advice to Senior Management: HOLD YOURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE to the degree you hold us sales people too!!!! … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Do not believe the positive reviews! Sales force was bullied into writing them!

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The 401K was good, medical went downhill starting in 2013, but… Cons: ALL THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ARE CORRECT. End of January the VP found out about Glassdoor; he had the Managers bully the employees… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the false advertising about how great you are. All the positive reviews you put on here starting the end of January just show… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Blue Book Network Contractors Register.

Worked for Blue Book Network Contractors Register? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Book Network Contractors Register reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blue Book Network Contractors Register CEO Rich Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by Blue Book Network Contractors Register employees.