Blue Book Network Contractors Register

www.thebluebook.com
  www.thebluebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register

Big Time Burnout of reps...they work their reps to death and don't listen to ideas

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Money was great if you are willing to work 7 days a week

Cons

Horrible customer service reps who treat outside reps like they have no value.

Glad to hear you sold the company to the reps. They deserve ownership.

59 Other Employee Reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register (View Most Recent)

A 25 Year experience I wouldn't trade for a winning lotto ticket!

Current Employee - Part Owner in Jefferson Valley, NY
    Current Employee - Part Owner in Jefferson Valley, NY

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

For 25 years I have worked with some of the most incredibly smart, loyal, funny, ethical and dedicated people. Having spent on average at least 10 hours per day each week for most of my 25 year career - I can honestly say I feel like I am part of something special and don't regret any minute of my efforts. It isn't the title or the money - for me it is the relationships within the company and the incredible services we provide the industry. Imagine looking back and knowing we helped improve the workflow of a trillion dollar industry! That is something to be proud of. And in our 100 year history we have never had a layoff! That includes the great depression and more recently the recession. How many construction related businesses solely supported by advertising revenue can say that in 2013! I believe this can only happen if you provide a real value to your customers and users. I am proud to say I earned my "stripes" at The Blue Book! And I am even more proud now that the company has transitioned to Employee Owned - I am an Owner!

Cons

As a 25 year veteran I wish I had more than 3 weeks vacation. But the fact that I receive additional PTO days for not utilizing any sick time in the past 3 years satisfies my need to be with my family.

Don't stop believing that you can make a difference in our customer's and user's business. I understand not every new product will be as successful as BB-Bid, Syncware, Vu360, The "Players List", Project Source Direct, Data Select - and my favorite - The Network Showcase! But there is no reason to stop trying - that is why our customers believe in us and stay with us. Some for over 55 years! Continue to push this organization and the industry forward.

This Company Is Passionate about Purpose

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Blue Book is a great place to work for many reasons. One that stands out is that it is a sound company with a solid foundation. Much like the anatomy of a building's construction, this solid foundation has stood the test of time. 100 years later and still standing!! This strength helps me in knowing that I am working for a company that is secure in all aspects of execution such as being financially sound, having a proven record in diversifying and adapting to new challenges, a strong internal and external support team, and a laundry list of so many different ways to be rewarded monetarily.

Each level of leadership has a keen sense of what is needed and what it takes to press on, motivate their segment, or simply stay focused on the tasks at hand. The fact that this leadership is open to creative ideas and objective reasoning only strengthens my position.

Another reason is that this company is passionate about purpose. Working for a company that has a clearly defined purpose and the ability to carry it out has enabled me to transfer that purpose to my clients. I have witnessed their hardships and triumps, successes and defeats. Through it all, I have felt that The Blue Book and its People overwhelmingly supports and understands that our customers are owed (for their investment) the resources and abilities to overcome whatever the industry or market influence throws at it over the course of time. This feeling of purpose inspires me to listen, learn, teach, inspire and build their business for them as the Blue Book has built mine for me.

There are many other reasons why I like working for The Blue Book. They would include Confidence, Security, Accountability, Self Reliance, Personal Growth, Community Service, Positive Impacts on Economic Growth (for me, my customers and the region)... or how about the fact that I have been given the opportunity to create and maintain a marketplace for buyers and sellers to communicate, conduct business and establish vital business relationships? Pretty impressive company if you ask me!

Cons

Maybe more vacation time, but 4 weeks is decent enough!

Thanks for the support!!