Blue Book Network Contractors Register

www.thebluebook.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register

Big Time Burnout of reps...they work their reps to death and don't listen to ideas

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money was great if you are willing to work 7 days a week

Cons

Horrible customer service reps who treat outside reps like they have no value.

Advice to Management

Glad to hear you sold the company to the reps. They deserve ownership.

Other Employee Reviews for Blue Book Network Contractors Register

A 25 Year experience I wouldn't trade for a winning lotto ticket!

Current Employee - Part Owner in Jefferson Valley, NY
    Current Employee - Part Owner in Jefferson Valley, NY

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For 25 years I have worked with some of the most incredibly smart, loyal, funny, ethical and dedicated people. Having spent on average at least 10 hours per day each week for most of my 25 year career - I can honestly say I feel like I am part of something special and don't regret any minute of my efforts. It isn't the title or the money - for me it is the relationships within the company and the incredible services we provide the industry. Imagine looking back and knowing we helped improve the workflow of a trillion dollar industry! That is something to be proud of. And in our 100 year history we have never had a layoff! That includes the great depression and more recently the recession. How many construction related businesses solely supported by advertising revenue can say that in 2013! I believe this can only happen if you provide a real value to your customers and users. I am proud to say I earned my "stripes" at The Blue Book! And I am even more proud now that the company has transitioned to Employee Owned - I am an Owner!

Cons

As a 25 year veteran I wish I had more than 3 weeks vacation. But the fact that I receive additional PTO days for not utilizing any sick time in the past 3 years satisfies my need to be with my family.

Advice to Management

Don't stop believing that you can make a difference in our customer's and user's business. I understand not every new product will be as successful as BB-Bid, Syncware, Vu360, The "Players List", Project Source Direct, Data Select - and my favorite - The Network Showcase! But there is no reason to stop trying - that is why our customers believe in us and stay with us. Some for over 55 years! Continue to push this organization and the industry forward.

What a great company to work for and it just got better.

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

I have fifteen plus years with The Blue Book. Joining Blue Book was the best career decision I have ever made. Not only is the Blue Book 100 year old, it is more relevent than ever before to the commercial construction industry . Yes, the great recession took its toll on us but there were no lay offs and the company continued to invest in new products. The best event in my thirty plus year career is that the Blue Book is now an employee owned company aka ESOP. This will provide all the employees with a secure job environment (if you work hard and are sucessful) because the company can't be sold without the employees agreeing to it. Further, all future increases in the value of the company will go to the employees when they retire. As an employee/owner, I only want motivated, hard working, results-oriented candidates to apply for jobs at the Blue Book.

Cons

Vacation could be improved upon but all other benefits are fantastic.

Advice to Management

Get feedback from Sales Management.