Blue Buffalo
www.bluebuff.com Wilton, CT 500 to 999 Employees

"Great ideas sometimes go awry"

Pet Detective (Former Employee)
Harrisburg, PA

ProsThe time required on shift is easy to do. You meet wonderful animal-loving people much of the time. Premium quality pet food. Great starting pay and incentives over time.

ConsIssue with company/regional reps who fail to understand that sometimes people 'want' to feed this food but must choose where to 'cut costs' in an out of control economy. So, 'breathing down' the employees neck to 'make new sales' is not cool. Thought the 'pet detective' concept got to be a bit brain-washy at times....like it's own 'lingo speak', and I felt like a cult member using key phrases....

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease see 'cons' and if the various stores (Petsmart) have a steady sale record of Blue, then person must be doing their job OR have a special coupon to help close a deal. Something that can only be used at that time to help entice customer to make purchase. Also, allowing to work on a day when store is busy (but not a weekend) may also give opportunities. Biggest one, does company assist in providing 'sample' foods to local small rescue groups to help get pets started 'off right' with quality food and a way to keep Blue Buffalo in the new pet owners mind.

Fantastic Part Time job with people who really care about what they do.

Pet Detective (Former Employee)
    Richmond, KY

I worked at Blue Buffalo part-time for less than a year

Pros: Part time, fantastic pay, great company with good values, discounts on pet… Cons: Inflexible scheduling, limited contact with upper management, largely self-directed Advice to Senior Management: Allowing for more weekends off would be nice. I would have loved to keep this position,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I love my job, but...

Pet Detective (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Blue Buffalo part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great product, hours & pay. Cons: Occasional lack of timely communication from management, leads to confusion… More
There are newer reviews on Blue Buffalo.

Worked for Blue Buffalo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Buffalo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blue Buffalo CEO Bill Bishop. All reviews posted anonymously by Blue Buffalo employees.