There are newer employer reviews for Blue Buffalo

"Great ideas sometimes go awry"

Former Employee - Pet Detective in Harrisburg, PA
Former Employee - Pet Detective in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Blue Buffalo part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The time required on shift is easy to do. You meet wonderful animal-loving people much of the time. Premium quality pet food. Great starting pay and incentives over time.

Cons

Issue with company/regional reps who fail to understand that sometimes people 'want' to feed this food but must choose where to 'cut costs' in an out of control economy. So, 'breathing down' the employees neck to 'make new sales' is not cool. Thought the 'pet detective' concept got to be a bit brain-washy at times....like it's own 'lingo speak', and I felt like a cult member using key phrases....

Please see 'cons' and if the various stores (Petsmart) have a steady sale record of Blue, then person must be doing their job OR have a special coupon to help close a deal. Something that can only be used at that time to help entice customer to make purchase. Also, allowing to work on a day when store is busy (but not a weekend) may also give opportunities. Biggest one, does company assist in providing 'sample' foods to local small rescue groups to help get pets started 'off right' with quality food and a way to keep Blue Buffalo in the new pet owners mind.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fantastic Part Time job with people who really care about what they do.

Former Employee - Pet Detective in Richmond, KY
    Former Employee - Pet Detective in Richmond, KY

I worked at Blue Buffalo part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Part time, fantastic pay, great company with good values, discounts on pet food, great regional managers offering assistance, willing to work with new employees.

Cons

Inflexible scheduling, limited contact with upper management, largely self-directed

Allowing for more weekends off would be nice. I would have loved to keep this position, but it conflicted with my full time employment, which would have made me miss occasional weekends.

2. I love my job, but...

Current Employee - Pet Detective in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Pet Detective in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Blue Buffalo part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great product, hours & pay.

Cons

Occasional lack of timely communication from management, leads to confusion regarding scheduling.

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Buffalo