Blue Canopy

www.bluecanopy.com

Senior Consultant

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Pros- Performance driven salaries and bonus structure. If you work hard and contribute to the cultural and business growth of the company you will be compensated appropriately.

- Smaller IT Consulting Firm that relies on growth and promotions from within the company. They look to advance their own employees before hiring outside the company which is great.

- BC gives great opportunities to have a lot of responsibilities if you show, over time, that you are capable of taking on duties. Lots of room to learn and grow your knowledge base in IT security.

- Family oriented culture where you get to know your Senior-Level Management, the CEO, Principle, COO, CFO very well. They also provide 5-6 company functions per year for team building.

Cons- Lack of professional training in-house and limited incentives to take IT training or certifications. While you receive $3,000 for "education and training", a lot of the more expensive training courses will not be approved except for special cases. They would prefer to pay the least amount of money and keep you billable as much as possible so week long trainings are not an option. If you are a self-study type of person than this company is for you. Self-study and BC will pay for you to take the exam but don't expect any 3-7 day training courses being approved on your first attempt.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Very interesting so far

I have been working at Blue Canopy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The company really cares about its employees, lot of concern… Cons: While they do genuinely care about their employees, following up and following through on any number of issues kills the morale. Lots of talk… Advice to Senior Management: Too much emphasis is being placed on "PowerPoint" status report fiction. Pay closer attention to employees who consistently deliver actual results, live the core values,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good pay and bonuses

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Blue Canopy full-time

Pros: Good pay and bonuses. Plenty of work in the… Cons: Hard to get them to approve training - they wanted you to use your vacation days to do training that would directly benefit your work… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more benefits and perks to employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Blue Canopy.

Worked for Blue Canopy? Contribute to the Community!