Great Cyber-Security Focused Company

Current Employee - Associate  in  Reston, VA
Current Employee - Associate in Reston, VA

I have been working at Blue Canopy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've had a great experience working as a Sr. Consultant for Blue Canopy in the past. So much so that I'll be returning to the company in the next few weeks as an Associate. The environment at Blue Canopy is much different than you would find at an engineering juggernaut like Lockheed Martin or Boeing. It is much more dynamic and faster-paced, due to the nature of the work. However, I have found the work much more engaging here than anywhere else, which is why I've decided to return. I've worked 8+ years at engineering corporations across the nation and have found the pigeon-holed corporate culture stagnant and difficult to grow in. On the other hand, Blue Canopy presents individuals great opportunities to interface with customers and get their hands dirty right from the start. If you're someone who enjoys pursuing technical challenges with great rewards and proper recognition, definitely check out this company.

Just a note- this company has been winning a lot of contracts recently and has nearly tripled in size since 2010. Expect only more opportunities to come out of this.

Cons

The $3,000 training budget leaves much to be desired. 3k only covers 1 or 2 certifications, unless you plan to self study everything. This was probably my major disappointment with the company.

Management had been great so no real complaints. The only thing I'd suggest is increasing the training budget. $3,000 may potentially turn potential employees away from this great company.

Other Reviews for Blue Canopy

Horrible Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Blue Canopy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lower level employees work very hard.

Cons

Owners are the worst executives EVER! They think they are smarter than everyone else and make promises they have no intention of keeping. Many employees are hoping they sell the company to better owners.

Partners are very good. I feel sorry for them because they have to provide leadership to the employees in secret without jeopardizing their own jobs.

Good Old Boys Network

Former Employee - Sales  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Reston, VA

I worked at Blue Canopy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good and smart people working there, just not management.

Cons

It's your typical good old boys network. Useless, lazy, and sexist former military in cushy do nothing roles.

Hire SOME WOMEN!

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Canopy.

Worked for Blue Canopy? Contribute to the Community!