Blue Coat Systems

www.bluecoat.com

This was a while ago; company was all right

Software Developer (Former Employee) Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Pros* Laid back environment
* Good camaderie amongst team-members and within offices
* Incredibly smart people on every team

Cons* Source control was a mess; feature code was stuck in untestable feature branches while QA spent months on a frozen head; trainwrecks would occur every time we merged development work back into head, we'd need months to sort that out, then everything would repeat.
* Mentalities were in flux: some teams had decided that their old processes weren't working, and the transitions weren't seamless. There were people who very much held to the status quo, sometimes being positive skeptics, sometimes being obstacles.
* Waterloo office was in the middle of nowhere, very little connection to local tech scene, no attempt to make presence and take advantage of Waterloo's reputation as a tech hub.

It has been a great experience specially on with our new Point of View based strategy

Manager (Current Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I have been working at Blue Coat Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: New technologies adoption merge with current products and extended with new products to Enable… Cons: Too many changes in too little time from previous Leaders, that is… Advice to Senior Management: It is an extraordinary time to be at Blue Coat, we just need to keep assuring… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome company

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at Blue Coat Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Best technology in the market Best innovative persons Cons: Career opportunities up in the company are not many Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Blue Coat Systems.

Worked for Blue Coat Systems? Contribute to the Community!