There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona

Good company overall, poor management contributes to decreased morale/attrition rates

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits, compressed work week, flexible schedule, telecommute opportunities

Cons

Management does not listen to concerns of staff, many supervisors have poor management skills.

Improved oversight of management, quality control of supervisors, place more emphasis on feedback from employees. If earlier intervention was placed on employee concerns, a stronger work place would be in effect, less attrition and less new hires and less overall cost would be incurred to the company

reviews filtered by

Hands Down... great place to work

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona

Pros

I've worked at other companies where they say they support a Work/Life Balance but they really don't. Here at BCBSAZ, the leadership supports it fully. So many good things to say about this company - great benefits package (best I have ever seen); opportunities for teleworking; decent training; beautiful campuses and buildings; covered parking (a must in AZ)... I could go on.

Cons

The salary levels are a little under the norm for Phoenix - however - when you add in the hefty benefits package, you will probably exceed the status quo. This is a Not for Profit company... so that's expected.

Just keep it going.... keep pushing to get to the next level.

2. BCBS of AZ is the Best of the best in the insurance companies world

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona

Pros

I only have one negative thing about this company so really the list of pros is almost endless. Benefits, telework, engaged in the local community, opportunities to grow and learn, diversity is embraced (somethimes too much). Nice buildings, many programs for employees free of charge. Excellent vacation accrual. Monetary rewards for healthy behavior and good ideas. Work-life balance is great.

Cons

Company politics enable lazy employees to be even more lazy

Please get rid of the lazy employees

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona