Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Best place I ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Pros

Great Company, willing to work with you to Balance work/life. Onsite workout facility. Good Benefits. Work hours flexible. Community feel to the work environment.

Cons

Starting pay is not very competitive to other companies for the responsibilities of the job. and the raises are not the best.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (View Most Recent)

This is not a company for professional Technical People

Current Employee - IT Software Engineer in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - IT Software Engineer in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Pros

This company has wonderful management from the Director level down. They enable growth, build solid teams, and approach problems as opportunities. Best Manager and Director I have ever worked for.

Cons

Everyone about the Manager has a completely unrealistic view of what Engineers are worth. The management that came in several years ago is convinced that their Engineers are overpaid and are quite content to punish the teams through attrition and reorganization.

Just treat your professional employees like adults and put your cards on the table. two years ago *everyone* was fine with a pay freeze to save jobs. We love this place and our team members.

An unfortunate turn of events

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Eagan, MN

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Pros

Fantastic work/life balance, nice people to work with, wonderful wellness programs, lots of onsite opportunities to better onself (onsite fitness center, Weight Watchers, courses).

Cons

2009 and 2010 was a disasater. So many people were laid off that it was difficult to know who did what. Senior management became distant and decided to close their doors rather than interacting with their employees. They took a very lively, wonderful and talented group of employees and turned their lives upside down despite reinsuring everupme for months that layoffs weren't on the table. Making employee reapply for their jobs was degrading and sad. So many talented people are now gone.

Communicate honestly with your employees and stop hiding behind closed doors.

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota