There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross (MA)

Fine job for intern

Current Employee - Advertising Intern  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Advertising Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at Blue Cross (MA) as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and a nice creative outlet. You get to go to a lot of meetings and shadow at a couple other companies, so you really get a well rounded experience.

Cons

Not really a progressive industry. People are afraid to take big steps in to the new types of marketing, especially the inbound stuff (social, mobile).

Nothing

60 Other Employee Reviews for Blue Cross (MA) (View Most Recent)

Old boy network.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Blue Cross (MA)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. In some departments the "quality" bar is set pretty high which is good and makes employees proud to be employed there.

Cons

Old school. Males get pegged for promotion early on. Honesty not a priority but making things appear to be working smoothly is.

Realize that you have created a go along to get along atmosphere. When a rare voice tells you the truth, maybe listen a little even if the voice isn't male and Irish.

it was a paycheck

Current Employee - Okay If You Want to Just Skate By  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Okay If You Want to Just Skate By in Boston, MA

I have been working at Blue Cross (MA)

Pros

Insurance was cheap. Really decent people. Pretty flexible work schedule. Was able to work in different buildings as needed for my job function. Like my boss quite a bit.

Cons

Pay was not great; zero room for advancement; heavy emphasis on hiring contractors; very very process oriented

You began looking at lean processes last spring. Pursue this please and eliminate some of the unnecessary process. It's not real control, just imagined. Also begin holding people accountable for what they do. There seems to be a real pass the buck culture. It's frustrating for those of us who really want to do the right thing. The current culture does not allow for change from how "it's always been done"

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross (MA)

Worked for Blue Cross (MA)? Contribute to the Community!