Blue Cross (TX)
www.bcbstx.com Richardson, TX

Mixed experiences at BCBSTX

Cliams Examiner III, Abilene TX (Former Employee)
Abilene, TX

I worked at Blue Cross (TX) full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBCBS is extremely employee-friendly with regard to benefits and training. They seem to be most successful at cultivating talent on the lower-management level.

ConsThe management style of BCBS in Abilene, Texas, was a mix of micro-managing, destructive divisiveness, and selective privilege. While most of my supervisors and senior supervisors were great, upper management encouraged a very visible split between "us" and "them," using information or withholding information to make the separation clear. Often upper management was condescending, elite, and dishonest. Instead of utilizing the talent on the floor, they ignored their employees' ideas, concerns, and constructive criticism. The work environment fluctuated between demoralized apathy to sheer frustration, largely due to the breakdown in respect and communication on the level of mid- to upper-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employers, actually listen, and realize they have a better understanding of their jobs, including problems and ways to improve, than you do. Give them credit for intelligence and a desire to excel; stop assuming that only management is worth your time and attention.

developer

Developer (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Blue Cross (TX) full-time for more than a year

Pros: nothing much about the pros...good benefits Cons: No knowledge improvement and most of the time without work... Advice to Senior Management: technology competence is very out dated More

Actuarial Analyst

Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee)
Richardson, TX

I have been working at Blue Cross (TX) full-time for more than a year

Pros: Rotation Program Decent Work Life Balance Solid Study Program Interesting Projects Growth Cons: Would be nice if they offered salary increases with exams instead… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Blue Cross (TX).

Worked for Blue Cross (TX)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Cross (TX) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blue Cross (TX) CEO Darren Rodgers. All reviews posted anonymously by Blue Cross (TX) employees.