Blue Cross (TX)

www.bcbstx.com
  www.bcbstx.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross (TX)

Expected more from Blue Cross (TX)

Former Employee - Claims Examiner III in Richardson, TX
Former Employee - Claims Examiner III in Richardson, TX

I worked at Blue Cross (TX) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

Excessive micromanagement. Changes their protocol every week for three weeks in a row while counting your production is unfair. I asked for more training several times. Then asked from peers that helped me. I had a serious health issue and was hospitalized a week and after a week back at work was told they may or may not hold my position for me. Altho, they claimed the time off into my production.
Then, after two months they let me go. Production was good my quality was at 2 errors, 1 same day same error and was to have coaching on it. Their training is the worst I have ever seen. I asked a trainer a question and was told we have already covered that. And she moved on. Very poor place to work. all grey walls, No talking even signs up no talking, no whispering...Sad I have seen happier funerals.

Spend more time training and less time micromanaging. Why have a supervisor with out claim experience? Makes no sense at all.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Blue Cross (TX) (View Most Recent)

Six year employee during a period of tumultuous change.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at Blue Cross (TX) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are generally very nice people. Very diverse work force. Work hours are often flexible. Benefits are generally competitive.

Cons

Hours can often be very long, depending on the department. Work load can be heavy. Change is constant and often at very upsetting levels resulting in frequent organization realignments. Some of the drastic change is brought about by government and regulatory burden, but some of it is unnecessarily self inflicted.

Make only the minimum necessary changes to departments, structures, processes and bosses due to unavoidable market force changes.Too often, the first strategy employed by management is: let's reorganize! This approach and the resulting chaos is highly stressful to employees and often, it just isn't necessary.

Mediocre Place to Work in Texas

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Blue Cross (TX) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fairly good work life balance
    Nice work space

Cons

Old-school mentality regarding promotions
    Skewed view of what diversity means

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross (TX)