Blue Cross (TX)

www.bcbstx.com

Expected more from Blue Cross (TX)

Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsCo-workers are friendly and easy to work with.

ConsExcessive micromanagement. Changes their protocol every week for three weeks in a row while counting your production is unfair. I asked for more training several times. Then asked from peers that helped me. I had a serious health issue and was hospitalized a week and after a week back at work was told they may or may not hold my position for me. Altho, they claimed the time off into my production.
Then, after two months they let me go. Production was good my quality was at 2 errors, 1 same day same error and was to have coaching on it. Their training is the worst I have ever seen. I asked a trainer a question and was told we have already covered that. And she moved on. Very poor place to work. all grey walls, No talking even signs up no talking, no whispering...Sad I have seen happier funerals.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time training and less time micromanaging. Why have a supervisor with out claim experience? Makes no sense at all.

Six year employee during a period of tumultuous change.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

I worked at Blue Cross (TX) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Coworkers are generally very nice people. Very diverse work force.… Cons: Hours can often be very long, depending on the department. Work load can be heavy. Change is constant and often at very upsetting levels resulting… Advice to Senior Management: Make only the minimum necessary changes to departments, structures, processes and bosses due to unavoidable market force changes.Too often, the first strategy… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Mediocre Place to Work in Texas

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

I have been working at Blue Cross (TX) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Fairly good work life balance Nice work space Cons: Old-school mentality regarding promotions Skewed view of what diversity means No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Blue Cross (TX).

Worked for Blue Cross (TX)? Contribute to the Community!