Blue Cross (TX)
www.bcbstx.com Richardson, TX

One of the best jobs for Abilene

Quality Auditor (Current Employee)
Abilene, TX

I have been working at Blue Cross (TX)

ProsGreat flexiblity with your work schedule, and good performance can lead to the oppurtunity to work from home. The benefits are excellent, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), pension, 18+ days of paid time off plus holidays, and tutiton assistance of up to $5400 a year. The company puts a lot of money into training so they give you as many resources as they can to help you suceed. I haven't heard of any non-salaried employees being laid off.

ConsI'm not going to lie, the work is boring and very tedious, but you are well compensated for it. Salary and management positions do not come open often in the Abilene location, so the competetion is high for a promotion in that area. If you put in the time and effort you can easily move into some higher paying hourly positions though. Also, there is a lot of promotion oppurtunity if you are willing to move to another location. There can be quite a bit of required overtime in peak months.

Working for BCBSTX

Richardson, TX

I have been working at Blue Cross (TX)

Pros: Good benefits; respectful treatment by management. Family atmosphere, many people… Cons: Instability of healthcare industry, nowadays! Sluggish, behind the times on… Advice to Senior Management: Embrace the new healthcare laws and get out in front! Spin off some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Poor employer

Claims Examiner (Former Employee)
San Angelo, TX

I worked at Blue Cross (TX)

Pros: Excellent benefits. Great flexible hours. Plenty of OT at time… Cons: Poor management leadership. Favortism from site director down to supervisors. So… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to be professional and not one sided when issues arise. If you are senior management you cannot show favortism to your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Blue Cross (TX).

Worked for Blue Cross (TX)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Cross (TX) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blue Cross (TX) CEO Darren Rodgers. All reviews posted anonymously by Blue Cross (TX) employees.