There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana

Be afraid...be very afraid....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baton Rouge, LA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, solid benefits, nice home office facility. Compensation is fair and market based. Some exceptional managers are doing great work and building solid teams.

Cons

Culture, silos, slow decision making, politics, questionable future with health care reform. Pockets of totally incompetent managers. Right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing. Infighting and duplication of effort.

Trust employees to make decisions, allow for empowerment and build your culture to reflect the literature. Culture eats strategy for breakfast. Be quicker and more nimble to deal with the torrid pace of change in your industry.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana (View Most Recent)

A definite career, not a job

I have been working at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love my company and the team I work on. We really do care about what's best for our members.

Cons

Vendors do not always have the silver bullet. Look inside at your talent base.

Good Employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company has great benefits and most employees are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Certain divisions can be somewhat fragemented

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana

Worked for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana? Contribute to the Community!