Blue Fountain Media

www.bluefountainmedia.com
  www.bluefountainmedia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Fountain Media

Great company to work for, perfect place to begin a career in online marketing.

Current Employee - Online Marketing Specialist in New York, NY
Current Employee - Online Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media

Pros

Great opportunities for on the job training and advancement at any skill level. Management is very results oriented, and will collaborate with specialists to improve results. Employees will learn how to develop, design, and market winning e-commerce websites.

Cons

Primary focus is almost entirely on SEO, with Word-of-mouth and social media marketing often left outside scope of work. Since online marketing is limited to SEO, communication about goals outside of e-commerce are a source of confusion for clients.

Communicate the value of online marketing outside of SEO, and hire more marketing/PR oriented specialists who can help provide communication services. Become a more fully featured communications agency, not just development/design oriented

65 Other Employee Reviews for Blue Fountain Media (View Most Recent)

Challenge accepted and handled (so far)

Current Employee - Project Manager in Kharkiv (Ukraine)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Kharkiv (Ukraine)

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you can survive through first months of uncertainty, it becomes clear on what to do to become successful. The team is just great, can't ask for more!

Cons

Some projects are really challenging, and it takes a lot of efforts to complete them properly. Can't do that without investing personal time.

Sometimes there is big disconnect between what the management wants and what the company needs. Be more aware of people's needs and staff retention.

Considerate company, fast paced, adaptive, with great respect for it's employees.

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I knew BFM before I joined the ranks, due to a close friend who worked here as well. The word that was passed on to me was of a good company, hard working, that recognized the merit in one's work.
    I took the chance to join the company because I wanted a new, different, bigger challenge, that could push through my limits and make me grow as an individual, as well as a team worker and a professional.
    I have not been disappointed. There's always something new to learn every day, and although expectations on work are high, that just means that the company doesn't sit on old standards but tries to evolve and change, and be better every day.

Some of the Pros I can think of:
     - There's a big "family" feeling imbued in the culture here, and I've seen various displays of it;
     - Employee benefits like PTO, Flexible Time, Training, Work From Home;
     - Good teams, composed of great team leaders who respect and take care of their subordinates, with smart individuals that are always willing to provide a helping hand, teach something new, or learn something from you.

Cons

- Remote work makes it harder to reach out on pressing matters. Thankfully, there's always someone who's willing to help close that gap on the bridge.
     - Result-oriented culture can provoke a lot of stress on the employees, but it's also an opportunity of self-discovery and growth.
     - A lot of projects going on means that one must stay on top of his game in order to not let it crumble. It teaches about responsibility and how to address issues in a quicker, more focused way, cutting the chitchat to when it's needed.

Every aspect of Management in Blue Fountain Media represents something you don't see in many places nowadays: They care for you as if you were part of their flesh and blood, and will always look out for you if you are ever in a bind and need help.
    The time I've spent here has proven time and time again that they're concerned about your well-being, that they actually listen to what you tell them, and they never, ever, forget that we're all trying to row the boat in the same direction. They take comments head on and search for ways to improve themselves, the teams or an individual person based on that feedback.

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Fountain Media