There are newer employer reviews for Blue Orange Games

It's an okay job to get a glimpse of a board game company

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Blue Orange Games as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly team Game testing Free games Playing with toy stores and board game groups like Meetup

Cons

Not much mentoring Slow to take advantage of technology Miscommunication

Advice to Management

Confusion with what was expected and what was wanted of me. Sometimes it felt like working with people who still aren't sure how to do things the right way. Feels like management makes guesses a big part of decisions or have an opinion without back up. I'm kinda glad I got to experience a little with them. But it was better that I moved on.

Other Employee Reviews for Blue Orange Games

1. A Gap Filler Only

Pros

Few of the coworkers Free food on Fridays Games for kids

Cons

Owners Kindergarten rules Ignorance Sad benefits Unoriginal games - "borrowed"

Advice to Management

Realize there are smart people working at your company. Just because they do a job you tell them to do does not mean that they are only capable of that duty. There's a girl in CSR who has excellent memory, a vast knowledge in science, and is an artist - do they use her? Nope. Another has a way with words and has excellent marketing ideas even though she is in customer service as well. Another has excellent people skills. If you're not French & male or somebody's wife - forget about job satisfaction. Stop with the ridiculous, "corporatized" work rules to make you feel like a leader. We're not children. Here's something: be the kind of leader people want to follow voluntarily. Smart people get bored quick. Find out about their skills and desires, then capitalize on them. Credit was not given where it was due, perhaps because middle management said nothing of the accomplishments of the individual who kicked off a few projects that are now used there, including educating the superior on simple concepts they should know about! Management is subpar. Decisions feel like they are made on feeling - so called 'strategies' felt painfully arbitrary.