There are newer employer reviews for Blue Rhino

Family-like, well-managed company that cares about its employees and customers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Blue Rhino

Pros

-company has a professional but casual atmosphere.
-management cares about employees and takes the time to create a good employee/manager relationship
-big supporter of United Way and does a lot of work with the community.
-employees are generally great to be around. Company isn't so large that you feel disconnected from others in the office

Cons

- Winston Salem area is not too bad of a place to live. Probably not as excited for a younger person, but close enough to most anything.

Very happy with management, president is great about connecting with employees and has great business knowledge. Continue to communicate with all levels of employees and be approachable.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Blue Rhino

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere, people are friendly and helpful. Company is small enough to remain flexible, but big enough to be better structured than most small companies. Senior management is very competent. Open-door policy invites comments from all employees. Compensation is fair.

Cons

Meetings can get a little heated (like at most companies). Compensation could be a bit more aggressive, but not too bad.

I don't have any real advice. Leadership is doing a good job. Maybe make development and advancement tracks more clear.

2. If you can get beyond it, not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Blue Rhino

Pros

I believe the company is solid, its the nature of working in the energy industry. Even in these economic conditions 2008 I feel secure with this petroleum based company. The company also purchases top notch equiptment for the drivers. The vehicles in my region are 2007 kenworths. The company also provides a decent uniform allowance to both seasonal and full time employees.

Cons

The company may be to big to address the needs of the consumers and vendors, which leads to lower employee morale. The central office often misses the urgency of the vendors / clients requests and the drivers wind up making excuses for or covering up for poor service.

Talk to the people in the trenches about how the business being run.

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Rhino